Thread: BMW bike mechanic in New England

BMW bike mechanic in New England

Calling out to the New England members. I am looking for a BMW bike mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Any good recommendations will be welcomed.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ortizfja View Post
    Calling out to the New England members. I am looking for a BMW bike mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Any good recommendations will be welcomed.

"New England" is pretty vague. Can you narrow it down a bit? Perhaps specify what bike needs attention? Dealer or independent shop? Help us help you.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    "New England" is pretty vague. Can you narrow it down a bit? Perhaps specify what bike needs attention? Dealer or independent shop? Help us help you.

Friedle
    Hi Fredie,
    Thanks for chiming in. I live in Boston (West Roxbury). I say New England, expecting that I will not find anyone close to me.

Also, I am looking for good advise on throttle response issues. It seems jerky at times.

2008 K1200S

Jose

I have never used these guys, Greater Boston Motorsports 1098 Mass. ave. Arlington MA. but I also haven't heard any thing bad. For me I go to Razees in RI. I have no want to head towards Boston. Good luck.
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Welcome to the Forum Jose. I'm a neighbor of yours over in the Brookline part of Chestnut Hill. The closest dealer for you is as Friedle suggests: GBMS over in Arlington. I have not used them for service other than a service light reset and firmware update, but they're attentive and the prices seem right. I'm coming up on the expensive 36,000-mile service and will take my RT to GBMS.

Alternatives are Dunbar in Brockton, Wagner in Worcester and MAX in North Hampton, NH.

I'm sure others will have opinions also.

JG
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    Watching the sunrise outdoors statistically increases your odds of having a good day. And needing a nap after lunch.

Welcome to the forum, have used both Dunbar and Max and trust both. Either would be a good choice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RK Ryder
    I have used Duncan's Beemers in Maynard, MA and have been happy with his work. As I recall, he doesn't work on anything newer than 2000.
    Paul F. Ruffell
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Niagara Riders & Knights of the Roundel #333

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar
    Jose,

You might also consider joining the Yankee Beemers, a very large New England BMW club with lots of members in the greater Boston area. You will never feel alone again with your BMW. Check them out on line, or one of the monthly breakfast meetings.

Friedle
    Ride fast safely

John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Used to use Dunbars in Brockton exclusively back in the early 90's for the K100rs. Excellent service, they moved to S main from N main sometime in the last several years.
    The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Thanks to all for chiming in

I actually bought my most recent BMW from Dumbar. Great people, I was very please with them. Yet, I kept thinking that maybe they would be a bit awkward if they find anything wrong with it, as they sold me the bike.

The guys at GBM are find. I bought my first BMW from them many years ago (R1150R Rockster). Though, when Im there it feels kinda transactionally commercial, if you know what Im mean.

I was hoping for an independent old guard whos been around, and whom I can chillingly discuss about my bike, where Im wrong, where Im right.

All things considered, Dunbar would be my preference.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Friedle View Post
    Jose,

You might also consider joining the Yankee Beemers, a very large New England BMW club with lots of members in the greater Boston area. You will never feel alone again with your BMW. Check them out on line, or one of the monthly breakfast meetings.

Friedle
    Yep, Iam planing to. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    I have never used these guys, Greater Boston Motorsports 1098 Mass. ave. Arlington MA. but I also haven't heard any thing bad. For me I go to Razees in RI. I have no want to head towards Boston. Good luck.
    +1 for Razee
    Charlie P.
    1992 R100R
    1996 R1100GS

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    Welcome to the Forum Jose. I'm a neighbor of yours over in the Brookline part of Chestnut Hill. The closest dealer for you is as Friedle suggests: GBMS over in Arlington. I have not used them for service other than a service light reset and firmware update, but they're attentive and the prices seem right. I'm coming up on the expensive 36,000-mile service and will take my RT to GBMS.

Alternatives are Dunbar in Brockton, Wagner in Worcester and MAX in North Hampton, NH.

I'm sure others will have opinions also.

JG
    Thanks JG