• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW bike mechanic in New England

ortizfja

Calling out to the New England members. I am looking for a BMW bike mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Any good recommendations will be welcomed.

Calling out to the New England members. I am looking for a BMW bike mechanic that is good and can be trusted. Any good recommendations will be welcomed.

"New England" is pretty vague. Can you narrow it down a bit? Perhaps specify what bike needs attention? Dealer or independent shop? Help us help you.

Friedle

"New England" is pretty vague. Can you narrow it down a bit? Perhaps specify what bike needs attention? Dealer or independent shop? Help us help you.

Friedle

Hi Fredie,
Thanks for chiming in. I live in Boston (West Roxbury). I say New England, expecting that I will not find anyone close to me.

Also, I am looking for good advise on throttle response issues. It seems jerky at times.

2008 K1200S

Jose

I have never used these guys, Greater Boston Motorsports 1098 Mass. ave. Arlington MA. but I also haven't heard any thing bad. For me I go to Razees in RI. I have no want to head towards Boston. Good luck.

Welcome to the Forum Jose. I'm a neighbor of yours over in the Brookline part of Chestnut Hill. The closest dealer for you is as Friedle suggests: GBMS over in Arlington. I have not used them for service other than a service light reset and firmware update, but they're attentive and the prices seem right. I'm coming up on the expensive 36,000-mile service and will take my RT to GBMS.

Alternatives are Dunbar in Brockton, Wagner in Worcester and MAX in North Hampton, NH.

I'm sure others will have opinions also.

JG

Welcome to the forum, have used both Dunbar and Max and trust both. Either would be a good choice.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I have used Duncan's Beemers in Maynard, MA and have been happy with his work. As I recall, he doesn't work on anything newer than 2000.

Jose,

You might also consider joining the Yankee Beemers, a very large New England BMW club with lots of members in the greater Boston area. You will never feel alone again with your BMW. Check them out on line, or one of the monthly breakfast meetings.

Friedle

Used to use Dunbars in Brockton exclusively back in the early 90's for the K100rs. Excellent service, they moved to S main from N main sometime in the last several years.

Thanks to all for chiming in

I actually bought my most recent BMW from Dumbar. Great people, I was very please with them. Yet, I kept thinking that maybe they would be a bit awkward if they find anything wrong with it, as they sold me the bike.

The guys at GBM are find. I bought my first BMW from them many years ago (R1150R Rockster). Though, when I’m there it feels kinda transactionally commercial, if you know what I’m mean.

I was hoping for an independent “old guard” who’s been around, and whom I can chillingly discuss about my bike, where I’m wrong, where I’m right.

All things considered, Dunbar would be my preference.

Thanks

Jose,

You might also consider joining the Yankee Beemers, a very large New England BMW club with lots of members in the greater Boston area. You will never feel alone again with your BMW. Check them out on line, or one of the monthly breakfast meetings.

Friedle

Yep, Iam planing to. Thanks

Welcome to the Forum Jose. I'm a neighbor of yours over in the Brookline part of Chestnut Hill. The closest dealer for you is as Friedle suggests: GBMS over in Arlington. I have not used them for service other than a service light reset and firmware update, but they're attentive and the prices seem right. I'm coming up on the expensive 36,000-mile service and will take my RT to GBMS.

Alternatives are Dunbar in Brockton, Wagner in Worcester and MAX in North Hampton, NH.

I'm sure others will have opinions also.

JG

Thanks JG

Back