• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Service in Boise

Waiting to see a response to your question but not seeing one, you may have to travel out of the area for your service. If it's serious and something I can't do, I travel to the only dealer I trust, Ozzie's BMW, Chico, CA. There are a few closer but none I trust. Good luck and have a good riding season.

Big Twin in Boise has sold to Dennis Dillon Motorsports of Boise, and former owner Fred Wiley is starting a well-deserved retirement focused on his own interests—which naturally include keeping a hand in BMW motorcycling in some way. A new building is being constructed to house the DDMS complex but for now the BMW dealership is operating out of the existing DDMS building.

I know that the sales staff moved over to the new operation but am unsure which, if any, of the parts and service staff made the move. I am told there is a young woman in the parts dept who is really on top of things but have heard no reports on service.

The dealer in Sparks, NV has a long history of top-quality service on wedge-K bikes so the OP might want to check them out.

Best,
DeVern

Just was told this morning by someone who had a K16 serviced in Boise that two of the techs from Big Twin moved over to Dennis Dillon, fwiw.

Best,
DeVern

Last spring my wife and I were on the road with brand new R1200GSA's. My wife needed her 12,000 miles service done. We called the Boise BMW dealer a week before we were going to be there and tried to schedule this work. The scheduler told us there was no way he could/would get us in even if we stretched it out several days more. He just stuck with "NO!"

Called Grand Junction and they were gracious and got us in about 5 days or so from our call. This is a Harley dealer, with a BMW shop in the back. Very nice and professional.

I thought BMW dealers took care of their people on the road........

BMW Dealers...

Just was told this morning by someone who had a K16 serviced in Boise that two of the techs from Big Twin moved over to Dennis Dillon, fwiw.

Best,
DeVern

DeVern - what about the BMW dealership in Sandy, UT? So far I've not been very impressed with Dennis Dillon; but then, they have some very big shoes to fill since Big Twin closed. WE MISS YOU, FRED!!!

DeVern - what about the BMW dealership in Sandy, UT? So far I've not been very impressed with Dennis Dillon; but then, they have some very big shoes to fill since Big Twin closed. WE MISS YOU, FRED!!!

I have a good relationship with them and buy parts and accessories there, but I pretty much do all of my own service work so I can’t give any guidance in that regard. The parts and sales staff have been great to work with, tho.

I used to get a lot of parts from Fred at Big Twin, also, and like you I miss his dealership- but am happy he had a chance to transition into a well-deserved retirement. :thumb

Best,
DeVern

I'm in the Same Boat

Does anyone know about the service departments at the BMW dealers in Sandy, UT, Prosser, WA (Desert Valley Powersports) or Clarkston, WA (Macs)? Unfortunately, if there is not an independent BMW mechanic in Boise I will need to find an alternate in Sandy, Prosser or Clarkston. All of them are 5 or so hours away. I have not had any personal experience with Dennis Dillon Powersports yet but I know a couple of people that have and let's just say they are looking for alternatives...which has me looking for alternatives. I typically have my bike serviced in the winter when Big Twin was slow, but alas they are no more. Any thoughts? I'll need to figure this out in the next 2 or 3 months.

Last edited:
Does anyone know about the service departments at the BMW dealers in Sandy, UT, Prosser, WA (Desert Valley Powersports) or Clarkston, WA (Macs)? Unfortunately, if there is not an independent BMW mechanic in Boise I will need to find an alternate in Sandy, Prosser or Clarkston. All of them are 5 or so hours away. I have not had any personal experience with Dennis Dillon Powersports yet but I know a couple of people that have and let's just say they are looking for alternatives...which has me looking for alternatives. I typically have my bike serviced in the winter when Big Twin was slow, but alas they are no more. Any thoughts? I'll need to figure this out in the next 2 or 3 months.

I have had good experiences with Mac's in Clarkston. Never anything major but tires a couple of times and they were pleasant, businesslike, and worked me into an already busy schedule.

Back