• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Yankee Beemers Damn Yankee's Rally ! WHAT A WEEKEND

kz1000ken

Thanks to everyone who came to the rally. As of last Wednesday we had 60 pre-registered. We served 168 dinners!

It was a WHEELIE GOOD TIME with many old friends I haven't seen in a long time, and SO MANY new faces. I got up Thursday and enjoyed 3 fabulous days of camping in the sun, riding, swimming, rocking out with all the campfire musicians, cooking food in the kitchen, listening to Paul, Elise, Rob and Patrick entertain us, and passing around bottles and stories.

The Damn Yankees Rally is our signature event. The Heath Fire Department, the Town of Heath, the Ag society, and all the people we've become great friends with are the best hosts anyone could want. Where else can we setup a Gymkhana course, sleep in a sheep bard, swim in a river, ride such great twisty roads and still be so far from civilization that you'd never even know a Motorcycle Club is having a giant bash.

A HUGE thank you to everyone who helped me run the event. I can't name everyone here, but you know who you are.

Karl C, Don Kent, Duncan Cooper, Riley, Brett, Ash, Hans, Lee, Minna, Todd , Mimi and Scott, Dan Walton all helped us run a great kitchen. So many helped set up and clean up.
My best friend from High school, Patrick Mullen, drove up from Maryland to help run the Gymkhana.

"Motorious P" the Emcee!

Tom Carlson and the entire Heath Fire Department. Bob McGahan of the Ag Society. Victoria and her pie ladies, Lee Shephard with the signs, kitchen, and general knows-how-to-do-everyything.

Bill Cusack and Prez Duncan were the behind the scenes rally chairs, making sure that everything went smoothly. I cant even begin to describe how much work they did.

John Van Hook, Lorie and "Princess Fluffy Pants" ran the store, the registration and won the 3 wheeler division..

Jack Phelps and Jim Sanders kept the Board of Heath from shutting us down....

Rich "Catfish" Roy, Roy Jackson, Doug Mo, and many others led rides.

It was an amazing weekend. I'm still flying on a high from working, riding, wrenching, and partying all weekend. A lot of my co-workers, old friends from college, high school and past lives all came out to party. Lots of folks brought guitars, cahon's, harmonicas and other implements of musical destruction. It was so cool that folks came over to my campsite and just started singing playing and appreciated that we aren't just a bunch of go-to-bed-early oldsters!

I was a little bleary (and in my defense it was dark) but thanks everyone who came over and added to our collective sound.

Vladimir Putin called. He said the Cosmonauts could see our fire and wanted to know if we had run out of Vodka.

This weekend we showed the world what the Yankee Beemers Motorcycle Club is all about!

If you didn't make it.... you missed the party of the summer.

Running this rally is just as much fun as going to a rally. Its a lot of work and you all see the reward. Thank you so much for supporting the Yankee Beemers by coming to the event, volunterring, leading rides, fixing and rescuing broken bikes.

We are a BMW club but there were a lot of Guzzi's, KTM's, KMW's, Dnepr's, Triumphs Harleys and even a Royal Enfield on the field. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word.

If I didnt mention your name its just because so many did so much I lost track.

the guy from Michigan scaled the Silo... the other guys kept Eric focused on holding the ladder

Chip Drayton won the 50/50, he generously donated half of the $461 dollar prize to the Heath Fire Department!

Riley Bush unseated reigning Gymkhana champ Nelson Davis in a stunning sub 40 second upset on Heidi Joes KTM FreeRide 250. Heidi Joe, Peter Patron, Patrick Mullen, and the GS boys put up a heck of a fight.

I came in under a minute on my GS, crashed a Hyousung 250 and tried out at leas half a dozen other cool ADV bikes.... but Motorious P still beat my time jogging the course...

Bob McGahan brough us the worlds largest rolling bonfire.

the Lonesone wierdo's were in rare form. Cathy sang along beautifully with our motley crew

We aren't just an internet club. We've been at this a long time and nobody does it like we do.

Many folks took time out of their busy schedule to come say hello.

Adam Novitt led an ADV-Easy ride.
Ken and Caroline Condon celebrated their 32 anniversary with a slice of Church Lady Pie

Quarter of a century folks... NEXT YEAR IS THE 25th! See ya there!

ride.jpg

tentsBarn.jpg

Having fun at a Rally with out riding

Well DYR is in the history books. What a great time. Because I had to much stuff to bring, I had to come in 4 wheels. That comes with the territory. Thanks to the great people in the YB, we had plenty of volunteers, we can always use more. We accommodated lots of last minute sign up people at the gate. No one went with out food, great music, terrific weather and best of all, we caught up on seeing old friends.

Thank you for coming, put it in your calendar for next year.

Duncan Cooper
YB Prez 2019

And the 2020 edition will be the 25th you say...

What a fantastic Rally Review!!!

Great pictures and storytelling Ken.

With this write-up... expect even more folks for next years 25th.

"travel'n" John

Last edited:
Back