• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Returning after 15 years or so...

dano1946

I joined BMW MOA sometime late 2006 or in 2007 after I had bought a 2000 K1200LT in late 2006, 6 months after open heart surgery. That was a great bike, by the way! BUT, after 5 or 6 years, it got to be too much to handle--especially in cold weather with my wife on board, all our cold weather gear, luggage, etc., etc., so I sold it, and let my MOA membership lapse. No regrets, though--three bikes later I'm still riding in our beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Current ride is a 1995 BMW K75RT which I have modified from its stock "Sport" Touring configuration to make it comfortable for a 73-year-old, 6'-1, 250 lb. guy with legs that don't bend like they used to 50 years ago.

Been riding since the late 1980's. Have had three Beemers in that time--1978 R100/7 (wrecked that one), the LT above, and this latest one.

My wife and I will celebrate 52 years together next month. We're happy, we have 9 wonderful grandkids and a home in motorcycle country. Who could ask for anything more?

I joined BMW MOA sometime late 2006 or in 2007 after I had bought a 2000 K1200LT in late 2006, 6 months after open heart surgery. That was a great bike, by the way! BUT, after 5 or 6 years, it got to be too much to handle--especially in cold weather with my wife on board, all our cold weather gear, luggage, etc., etc., so I sold it, and let my MOA membership lapse. No regrets, though--three bikes later I'm still riding in our beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. Current ride is a 1995 BMW K75RT which I have modified from its stock "Sport" Touring configuration to make it comfortable for a 73-year-old, 6'-1, 250 lb. guy with legs that don't bend like they used to 50 years ago.

Been riding since the late 1980's. Have had three Beemers in that time--1978 R100/7 (wrecked that one), the LT above, and this latest one.

My wife and I will celebrate 52 years together next month. We're happy, we have 9 wonderful grandkids and a home in motorcycle country. Who could ask for anything more?

Welcome home.

"Book him Dano":wave

Always think of original Hawaii Five O when I see Dano

Welcome back and yes, you live in a sweet riding area, spent a week recently in area chasing my tail and looking at waterfalls:thumb

Current ride is a 1995 BMW K75RT which I have modified from its stock "Sport" Touring configuration to make it comfortable for a 73-year-old, 6'-1, 250 lb. guy with legs that don't bend like they used to 50 years ago.

So Welcome Back, Kotter! You might could say you have the perfect bike for your particular situation. You can farkle it up to suit yourself pretty cheaply & easily, and you can ride the sucker pretty much anywhere y'all want to go! LIKE for instance:

Our AlaBeemers club, meets once a month for a so-called meeting. It's really most often just an excuse for a ride & a stay-over somewhere (frequently out of state), and "usually" the last weekend of the month. Not Now Tho! It's scheduled for 23-25 Aug. So we'll rendezvous at the Blue Ridge Campground in two weeks in order to tell lies and kick tyres. So drop by and say "Hey!" https://bmwmoal.org/meetings.php https://bmwmoal.org/meetings.php

My GPS says: 59 Motorcycle Dr. Canton, NC 28716 Or N35° 24.311' W82° 48.631'

Ciao! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

howdy...

Always think of original Hawaii Five O when I see Dano
Welcome back and yes, you live in a sweet riding area, spent a week recently in area chasing my tail and looking at waterfalls...

Yup--I thought of 'Hawaii Five-O' too when I set my handle. First name's Dan, so...there ya go. We used to live in Independence, MO, which is a suburb of KC, MO. Had to ride almost 900 miles to get down here to WNC. Now we live in motorcycle paradise. Have you done "Tail of the Dragon" , (Deal's Gap) or any of the other "destination" roads in these parts?

Have you done "Tail of the Dragon" , (Deal's Gap) or any of the other "destination" roads in these parts?

Hey there, Dano. Yes, we've been thru the Dragon's Tail many times. We've also attended the last two MOA GetAways at the Fontana Resort. Had fun meeting new folks & riding in the community. In fact, HSV-Karen's distant granny (by marriage(s)) lives in a holler near Sylva. Lots to explore round those parts; not so much in MO!!! That's one reason we just moved from MD to AL; better roads & less traffic & less Stress! So at least consider attending the 2020 Getaway, if not actually resorting next April. I believe it's usually the last weekend! https://www.fontanavillage.com
See also Getaways on MOA Events pg: https://www.bmwmoa.org/event/fontana

CIAO, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Cheers from the Lazy Hiker Brewing Co in beautiful Franklin, NC. Good Stuff!

fullsizeoutput_e5f.jpeg

Back