• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recently Joined

visionliner

Hi everyone,

I remember like yesterday, I was 7 years old, and renting a motorcycle. Feel like superman. :)

Garelli_M3_1968.jpg

One day, I was on a bike called Rosinante I Gear lever was on the tank :)

001.jpg

Then the years go bye, I was riding BSA, Honda, Suzuki, and my family start getting bigger with another 2 members. Two girls we had. So, those girls, came in between my hobby and family life. Obviously I chose Family and could not ride until they survive themselves.

My elder daughter had cystic fibrosis and she passed when she was 26, about 15 years or may be more ago. And younger one came to the States for second university education. And she got married here.

Meanwhile;

I was in Kazakhstan for construction Management business and riding a little scooter

Honda-Forza-2016-USA.jpg

But it is difficult to ride on a scooter if you already tried the bigger ones. So I found this baby in Texas and loaded to a plane to Kazakhstan

DSCN1766.jpg

At the same time, in Turkey I keep changing and upgrading my bikes and my training.

DSC02057.jpg
Honda CBF 1000 I loved that bike. And nearby I had my first GS

MahalleBODRUMda-188.jpg

And another 4 in line BMW K 1200 GT

26062009716.jpg

On that picture we are with my Brother at the ferry station to go for our training.
Than I decided to go back from Kazakhstan to Turkey permanent and also change my bikes K and R to RT This happened in 2010

IMG_4190Medium.jpg

Aaand we came to 2011 New Beemers are double-cam and 10 more HP.

IMG_0428.jpg

I had a tour with this bike, starting from Toulon city (France) back to Istanbul, all through the Alp mountains, passing France, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Monte Negro, Albania, Greece, Chios Island, Turkey... 21 days.
1620525_10152125344434230_995435466_n 2.jpg Freezing at 3798 m. 12460 ft.

I wonder always how is on dirt?

211AD51F-E145-48F7-9230-34F7F1434EC7-4901-00000592887087D1.jpg

Liked it.

Then it was time to buy a bike in States.
Calaveras Road CA
111.jpeg

After having this Adventure about two years, I decided to go back to Harley again and found one in San Diego. Trade my 2011 Beemer with 2017 Street Glide.

IMG_1155.jpeg

After a year, I understood I can not make it without an GSA and found one in Houston and I bought my ticket to first flight and rode all the way back in three days. 800 miles a day

IMG_1771.jpeg

and we three of us are good now.

This is who I am. This year is my 64th year on two wheels.
Hope to find good friends in here.

Welcome to the forum:wave

Wow, quite the backstory and bike lineage. Many of us have had multi brands thru the years but not continent jumping stories to go along with them.
Thanks for sharing and welcome again.

Welcome to the forum:wave

Wow, quite the backstory and bike lineage. Many of us have had multi brands thru the years but not continent jumping stories to go along with them.
Thanks for sharing and welcome again.

Hey, I graduated high school, moved 120 miles from home, still there 40 year later! Pretty exciting, eh?

Willkommen!

Looks like you've got a firm handle on this riding business. :thumb
You've even figured out how to put pix up on the forum w/proper orientation -- a 2-fer!
:beer

Now you need a mission:
Should you decide to accept it.
Check out all of North America on 2-wheels. There's a lot to offer here too! :usa

Give it a try! http://www.ironbutt.com/rides/npt.htm

We managed to get the Silver Certificate in 2017, and had a great time doing it. :nod
Plan to go for the Gold in 2020... Moving to Alabama took us most of 2018-19.
CIAO! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

We can also recommend: https://rocketcenter.com/Biergarten
and https://www.barbermuseum.org

Looks like you've got a firm handle on this riding business. :thumb
You've even figured out how to put pix up on the forum w/proper orientation -- a 2-fer!
:beer

Now you need a mission:
Should you decide to accept it.
Check out all of North America on 2-wheels. There's a lot to offer here too! :usa

Give it a try! http://www.ironbutt.com/rides/npt.htm

We managed to get the Silver Certificate in 2017, and had a great time doing it. :nod
Plan to go for the Gold in 2020... Moving to Alabama took us most of 2018-19.
CIAO! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

We can also recommend: https://rocketcenter.com/Biergarten
and https://www.barbermuseum.org

Let me check the links. :) :)

Big Tour Starts on Sep 2020

We planned a tour with one of my friend as it is seen on this screenshot.

Screen Shot 2020-01-03 at 9.35.56 AM.png

And, I have 2017 BMW GSA and 2017 HArley Davidson Street Glide at my Garage for two of us. But as the discussions goes forward, we decided to go for another touring bike instead of Harley.

With this decision in mind, I went to Eurocycle Sonoma Dealer to trade in my Harley with another touring BMW. May be a used one and sell it after the tour. But I must admit here that i did not have my mind set only for this.

So, as we were discussing with Richard from the dealer, he reminded me about their program which is more like leasing a bike. He offered me get one of their bikes for a month without any limits on mileage and save money. That was very good offer. So I agreed to go with that solution.

And he asked me what would I want with my Harley. I said, Harley may go.
He offered me to trade in two of my bikes and get brand new 2020 GSA HP. I mean! You know what it's like to feel that new BMW is coming :)

I asked him to give me the details of this possible deal.

After having long conversation and his generous offers, I could not resist any more, and I signed the paperwork!

IMG_0105.jpeg
IMG_0113.jpeg

And I got this baby.

And by the way, I got this discount announced for bike upgrading on MOA home page.

So what happened to our tour program is also another history :)

He offered me to have two bikes for the tour and do not add 10.000 miles on my new bike. That was another wonderful offer.

So, what will happen is that we will have two GSAs and hit the road on September 2020.

I am jealous! Your planned route looks a tad too "ordinary" for my taste, but any cross-country trip on a motorcycle will be wonderful.

Good luck.

So, what will happen is that we will have two GSAs and hit the road on September 2020.

We're now getting serious on our 2020 plans for the IB-NPT-Gold. If, like us, your Google map is an initial plan, then maybe you'll decide to turn those long-straight-legs into something more sinusoidal.

Here's some sites to aim at whilst wandering from coast to coast (after considering your rough route):

1. Go have an Arrogant Bastard Ale at Stone Brewing Co. in Escondido {if U can find them}.
2. If U got time, visit Devil's Postpile NM nr Mammoth Lake, CA {day} and/or Great Basin NP nr Baker, NV {night sky}.
3. Ride thru The Colorado National Monument nr Grand Junction, CO. - Beautiful scenery + curvy roads!
4. Be sure to visit Ole's Steakhouse & Bar in Paxton, NE. It's worth the effort!
5. Tour the National Museum of the US Air Force in Dayton, OH. That's worth your effort too for stuffed jets!
6. Avoid Washington DC if at all possible or make sure it's between 0001 - 0500 if on the local highway...
7. Avoid Florida unless you're visiting family/friends (except for Naval Air Museum in Pensacola).
8. Do Not Bypass Barber's Vintage Motorsports Museum in Leeds AL (since U like motorcycles).
9. If wandering further north, visit Rocket City, AL and Memphis, TN (see Jack's BBQ).
10. Just fill in the blanks for your own adventure...

Ciao! :thumb
HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Thank you PHIL & Karen

and

Royce, this is the rough plan yet. I am working on it. I do not want to have highway tour at the end you know :)

Back