• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

USCA National Rally

The United Sidecar Association national rally took place in Coeur d'Alene, ID, last weekend (7/25 - 28). It was well attended with drivers from as far east as MD, VA, WV, and eastern Canada. 170 + in attendance, perfect weather and great roads. Lots of BMW hacks along with many other brands represented. One thing was obvious, every hack was taken from a different piece of cloth, and celebrated its uniqueness. A few photos attached:

IMG_5999.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_5989.jpg

P7270018.jpg

P7270023.jpg

P7270029.jpg

P7270037.JPG

IMG_6100.JPG

I've always enjoyed gatherings of hacks. Aside from the Ural, every sidecar rig on the road is a custom or semi-custom job. Sidecar rallies often remind me of Mad Max Beyond the Thunderdome!

Pete

The life jacket is a cute gag. Thanks for posting, though I don't have a hack, I'm a big fan. Some really nice rigs there. Gives me ideas for my "11 R1200R.

Maybe in a couple years I can catch the show in person.

That one is actually a licensed boat in MN. It detaches from the sidecar frame and has a trolling motor for propulsion. Coming into ID, they had to stop and have it inpected, as watercraft, for invasive species, and purchase an invasive species sticker for it. I asked her jokingly if she had her PFD and she pulled it out and put it on. You know safety first, All The Gear All The Time (ATGATT). Hope you have an opportunity to attend a rally in your area.

6322.........….I had a great time at the Rally, met some great people and took in many ideas to perhaps improve my ride. And thanks for posting a pic of my K1200S . Hope to be in Arkansas next year !

Back