• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Seat Concepts?

adkgsa

Since a Corbin and a Touratech seat didn’t work for me on my 2012 GSA I am considering trying out Seat Concepts.

I have the same complaints about the stock GSA seat as most people - too soft, hate the sliding toward tank, etc.

Any feedback from those of you who have tried them/have them? Thanks.

Note there are 4 links in the similar threads section below for Seat Concepts that might prove helpful.

I have two of their seat and have been pleasantly surprised. I bought the first seat from them as a DIY project just to try on my GS800. It was quick and easy. Two years later I was talking to them at a rally and noticed they improved the design and cover material so I purchased a newer version and have been happy with it. I think the seat is comfortable and their customer service is great.....not to mention you don't have to sell your first born to afford it.

I’ve had their foam and cover kits on:
2008 KLR 650
2010 KTM 990 SM-T
2009 GS
2015 WR250R
2015 KTM 1190 ADV

I’m a fan. I got a killer deal on my R1200RT Sargent seat or is have put one on it too.

I have one on my 2018 Honda CRF250 Rally. It was a dramatic improvement over the stock seat and I've been a very satisfied customer.

Seat Concepts

I have had three of their seats. Two on KLR650’s and I now have one on my gs adventure. I’m a fan. I once road my KLR 16 hrs on the Transamerica Trail and had no discomfort. When I bought my BMW I could ride about an hour and half before I had to stop. Now with the new seat it doesn’t bother me at all to ride several hours. Before the seat concepts I tried all the other name brand seats without success. I would highly recommend.

As far as install I went to Home Depot and bought a air staple gun with 1/4” staples. I used a spray adhesive on the pan and foam before putting them together. It took about an hour to do both seats.

2009 R1200gsa

Back