• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone from NC going?

G

GT_MAN

Just wondering if anyone from central NC might be going to the rally. I'm planning to leave Durham on Sunday 7/16 and make it a 3 day trip. What I have planned so far is to make it to Binghamton, NY the first day, a bit aggressive if it rains. Day 2 would take me to White River Junction, VT with 5 covered bridges and Quechee Gorge along the route. Day 3 includes 3 covered bridges, the floating bridge, 2 waterfalls and the cliffs (pallisades) at Fairlee.

Anyway, that's what I have planned if I don't find a group heading north on the 16'th. If this sounds interesting to anyone let me know. Or if you wouldn't mind me hooking up somewhere along your route let me know what you've got in mind. I'd rather ride with a group than solo if possible.

I plan to leave on the 18th

I plan on heading out from the Boone (NC) area early on Tuesday the 18th to make a two day trip. I am also shooting for Binghamton NY as my first night destination and planning for a rally arrival on Wednesday afternoon. In case of poor weather I may leave the Monday afternoon and try for northern VA, Maryland, or southern PA.
If anyone else in western NC is heading to the rally on those dates and would to join up on the road, let me know.
Oh yeah, on the way back I plan to go from Vermont to North Carolina without riding an interstate at all. Fast up,slow back!

Will probably be heading there from Camp Lejeune

Still working details, but I will probably be heading from Camp Lejuene area. As it get closer, I will check out some of the mentioned rider meetings.

s/f

Mark

Binghamton overnight

My sister owns a nice campground in the Binghamton area. I spoke with her today about the possibility of a BMW group staying the night. Its a nice facility, showers, pool, pavilion etc. I can make a reservation for the pavilion. If the weather turns sour, the pavilion can be a nice escape. If enough are interested, an evening barbeque could be arranged.

Motard
1150GS
R50

Change of plans & Luckylief check your PM

The campground is available but I won't be there: doing the Peaks Tour

Lucky, thanks for the inquiry, I tried to reply, but your email address bounces and you have selected "no emails" on the site.

www.campingfriend.com/pinecrestcampground

Motard

Back