• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Guest Postings

rich

I see in the "Fatality if not wearing a helmet" thread that guests are posting.

Is that the norm, or have I just not noticed in the past?

And if it is allowed, why?

The last "guest" posting in this thread was in 2008. Since that time, there was a winnowing of the active members in the forum database. Long story, but for those posters at that time that had made significant contributions elsewhere in the forum, their posts were not dropped but the "member" was changed to something generic, ie Guest. For other members at the time, they might have had no posts to date or maybe just a handful so they were totally purged from the system. So the "guests" were members who had posted quite a bit but we didn't want to lose that knowledge. Unfortunately, we don't know the person who the "guests" are, but we still have their input.

Hope that explains things.

That explains things very well, thank you. I guess I never looked at the posting dates. My apologies.

Have a great day.

Back