Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: R100R won't crank good battery

Fuse

If you replaced the blown fuse with another and it too blows, you have a short in the system somewhere.

A blown fuse can also mean an overload or draw of current in a system.

Have you found a wiring diagram for the bike?

Short circuits can happen in a lot of places. Over draw of current in a starter system can be one of two things, a poor connection or dirty connection in the system or a bad starter.

I don't remember much from my early days as a mechanic but I remember in some cases a bad battery when the starter is cranked, will cause a spike in amperage and drop in voltage.

A load test of the battery is the only proper way to test it. It can have 12 volts while sitting with no load, When a load is put on it, it can drop too as much as 2 volts depending on how many cells are still good. St.

murty, it seems you expect others to have a spiritual connection with your bike...I don't have that!

One was blown
    It would definitely help to know which one blew by the numbers I gave in an earlier reply.

So all four circuits protected by fuses work (according to the tests I gave in my earlier reply)?

With ignition on, is the low beam on?

/Guenther
    2017 F700GS

Number 3 fuse

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post
    murty, it seems you expect others to have a spiritual connection with your bike...I don't have that!

It would definitely help to know which one blew by the numbers I gave in an earlier reply.

So all four circuits protected by fuses work (according to the tests I gave in my earlier reply)?

/Guenther

Hello Guenther, counting from left to right it was number 3 that was blown.

Best,
    Murty

With ignition on...

Quote Originally Posted by Guenther View Post

/Guenther
    With ignition on there are no lights, no dash indicator lights, horn, turn signals don't work.

Problem solved

I had the battery load tested, it failed and I replaced it with a new one - problem solved. Thanks for all the helpful advice!

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by murty View Post
    I had the battery load tested, it failed and I replaced it with a new one - problem solved. Thanks for all the helpful advice!
    Great

Letting us all know by finishing a thread really helps.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200