• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Oil leak

I have a 1994 r1100rs. It is leaking oil around the oil sensor. do I need to replace the sensor or just the copper o ring? Unless someone else has a suggestion how to get the oil stop leaking thanks in advance.

The sensor is pretty crappy and it is likely leaking. Fortunately, it is a low pressure to open, normally closed switch and any auto parts place can supply one for a lot less than the BMW OE. They should be able to find one if you have your OE part number as it is used on literally hundreds of different engine makes.

Thanks Dieselyoda. I order one from Euro Motoelectrics for 12 bucks plan to put it in this weekend. Do I need to dump the oil?

Well fix oil leak change sensor rode 100 miles no leak. Thought I was in the clear but NOOOOOO....the T section on the front brake lines started to leak.and the front brake quit working. When is it going to stop. New clutch plate,paint work, new tires, rebliud the throttle bodies, valve adjustment and I'm sure other things and now brake lines. I did put barbacks on I'm sure this speed up the process of the brake lines going.bad. Well back to the drawing board and thanks again.

Last edited:
When is it going to stop.

Likely, never. It happens. We are riding antiques. But, if it was new, would likely be the same, never ending.

However, they are antiques, there are lost of parts available, you don't need any fancy scan tools or spreadsheets and the knowledge base here combined with the Google and YouTube coupled with patience and cold beer makes every repair you do feel extra good on a ride until you have to repeat.

Well I want to thank all with the help in this forum . I replace oil sensor, replace brake lines, clutch plate, valve adjustment, sync throttle bodies,tires, fluid & oil any other things I cannot think of at this moment. Is there anything else I need to do? Since I got this done the bike is a pleasure to ride. Should I be good for a while or is there something else I am missing?

Fuel injectors

I don`t believe I am going to ask this but I can`t resist spending more $ on this $1500.00 motorcycle. Which injector is better the Tills from Germany or the ones from the Euro Motoelectrics?

Back