• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Riding Interstate 70

Yesterday I filled up on this end of I-70 for $3.05/gal for 91 octane E10. What's your point? My motorcycle only holds about 4 gallons, so I don't pay much attention to the price.

Casey’s $3.29 Unleaded Premium !! No Ethanol!! :dance:dance:)

I'll try to remember to check the Casey's price tomorrow in Creston Iowa.
91 AKI without ethanol is probably $3.00 to $3.10
87 AKI E10 is $2.48

91 AKI without ethanol is $3.03 in Creston Iowa.

Gas 7-29-19 (1).jpg

Here's more fuel prices at the same station.
87 AKI without ethanol for a long time was only 10 cents more than 87 E10. Now non ethanol cost 30 to 35 cents more.
The pump showing 88 is E15.
In Iowa pumps with ethanol are clearly marked.
Gas 7-29-19 (2).jpg

No Ethanol

The price not the point but remember July 8th Illinois added 19 cents more tax to a gallon of gassing not out of line, what surprised me this station and several listed on the chart in earlier post old casey’s With 2 choices at the pump which used to be unleaded and unleaded + and with old tax breaks unleaded + often was the cheapest. Many of these casey’s With 2 choices switched to regular unleaded and diesel. Now many of these stations switching one choice to no Ethanol premium my airheads and 2 cycle stuff will be much happier

Edit: looked at list that Kurt provided link to and Greenville not on it

Most of the small town Iowa Casey's stations only have 87 no ethanol and 87 E10.
We have 5 Casey's in our town of 7,500 and the one I took pictures of is the only one with 91.
It's a new station.
Before, the privately owned BP was the only station in town with non ethanol 91.
Now we have three, the Hy Vee grocery store put in a new gas station this year and they have 91.
My car recommends 93 but 91 is ok, so I'm glade to have 3 choices now.

Our bikes recommend 89. They sit for long periods so I always put 91 non ethanol in them when we return home.
BP has 89 but it has ethanol and I don't like the bikes sitting for months with ethanol in the tank.

Last edited:
no ethanol

On our recent trip I filled up with no ethanol 91 octane gasoline. To be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. The bike ran good, but then it always does. I was close to running out of gas and found 87 octane at the store at Crater lake. The bike ran fine on it. If I could buy non ethanol gas I would because I am just against the idea of alcohol in my fuel. Corn is for food not fuel. BTW, the RT averaged 48 mpg for the whole trip, no matter what I ran in it.

Left over from the last purchase

View attachment 75000

Also remember, that with this type of pump (same hose used for all fuels) that you will be getting about a quart or two of what ever the last person bought.
Before the switch assembly in the pump itself can switch from the previous purchase to what you selected.
Vs a pump that has a dedicated hose for the type of fuel you choose.

View attachment 75000

Also remember, that with this type of pump (same hose used for all fuels) that you will be getting about a quart or two of what ever the last person bought.
Before the switch assembly in the pump itself can switch from the previous purchase to what you selected.
Vs a pump that has a dedicated hose for the type of fuel you choose.

Is that the current price? Regular E10 is running $2/gal in my area.

Back