• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Is the Cassoday Bike Run still an event?

nyfty

Many years ago when I started riding, my riding mentor and I rode down to the Cassoday KS Bike Run. My first long ride. It happens the first Sunday of the month. Does it still take place?

If so I'm looking to get some miles in since it's only about 225 miles from Lincoln, NE. And all on two lane roads! Even then we were out numbered by cruisers. But it would be great to know if some other BMW riders attend. Does anyone from KS and the surrounding states take it in?

Still going, Jim. I have not attended in a few years but I talk to riders who go down regularly. Still the first Sunday of each month, but only during "riding season", which is, like, April/May through October/November.

Reason I don't go frequently is that most of the cool bikes (the only reason to go, really) have departed the display area (the "main street" of the metropolis of Cassoday) by noon-ish and unless I leave here real early (remember it's on Sunday), there is not much to see in the afternoon but a few raggedy old Harleys and Harley riders hanging around smoking and telling (mostly) lies. If I were in your location and wanted to see the neat stuff, I would ride to Wichita and stay Saturday night, and be in Cassoday by about 8 or 9 am on Sunday morning. I hear, but have never tried it myself, that there are a few street-side eateries that serve a pretty fair breakfast.

Good luck.

Still going, Jim. I have not attended in a few years but I talk to riders who go down regularly. Still the first Sunday of each month, but only during "riding season", which is, like, April/May through October/November.

Reason I don't go frequently is that most of the cool bikes (the only reason to go, really) have departed the display area (the "main street" of the metropolis of Cassoday) by noon-ish and unless I leave here real early (remember it's on Sunday), there is not much to see in the afternoon but a few raggedy old Harleys and Harley riders hanging around smoking and telling (mostly) lies. If I were in your location and wanted to see the neat stuff, I would ride to Wichita and stay Saturday night, and be in Cassoday by about 8 or 9 am on Sunday morning. I hear, but have never tried it myself, that there are a few street-side eateries that serve a pretty fair breakfast.

Good luck.

Royce:

That's what we've done in the past. A leisurely ride down Saturday afternoon. Stay somewhere in the area and be there early morning. Then take a different route home.

Back