Thread: Is the Cassoday Bike Run still an event?

Is the Cassoday Bike Run still an event?

Many years ago when I started riding, my riding mentor and I rode down to the Cassoday KS Bike Run. My first long ride. It happens the first Sunday of the month. Does it still take place?

If so I'm looking to get some miles in since it's only about 225 miles from Lincoln, NE. And all on two lane roads! Even then we were out numbered by cruisers. But it would be great to know if some other BMW riders attend. Does anyone from KS and the surrounding states take it in?
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    2017 R1200RTW, 2018 G310GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936

Looks like the event is still happening:

http://cassodaybikerun.org/
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Still going, Jim. I have not attended in a few years but I talk to riders who go down regularly. Still the first Sunday of each month, but only during "riding season", which is, like, April/May through October/November.

Reason I don't go frequently is that most of the cool bikes (the only reason to go, really) have departed the display area (the "main street" of the metropolis of Cassoday) by noon-ish and unless I leave here real early (remember it's on Sunday), there is not much to see in the afternoon but a few raggedy old Harleys and Harley riders hanging around smoking and telling (mostly) lies. If I were in your location and wanted to see the neat stuff, I would ride to Wichita and stay Saturday night, and be in Cassoday by about 8 or 9 am on Sunday morning. I hear, but have never tried it myself, that there are a few street-side eateries that serve a pretty fair breakfast.

Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Quote Originally Posted by royce View Post
    Still going, Jim. I have not attended in a few years but I talk to riders who go down regularly. Still the first Sunday of each month, but only during "riding season", which is, like, April/May through October/November.

Reason I don't go frequently is that most of the cool bikes (the only reason to go, really) have departed the display area (the "main street" of the metropolis of Cassoday) by noon-ish and unless I leave here real early (remember it's on Sunday), there is not much to see in the afternoon but a few raggedy old Harleys and Harley riders hanging around smoking and telling (mostly) lies. If I were in your location and wanted to see the neat stuff, I would ride to Wichita and stay Saturday night, and be in Cassoday by about 8 or 9 am on Sunday morning. I hear, but have never tried it myself, that there are a few street-side eateries that serve a pretty fair breakfast.

Good luck.
    Royce:

That's what we've done in the past. A leisurely ride down Saturday afternoon. Stay somewhere in the area and be there early morning. Then take a different route home.
    Jim Nyffeler
    Lincoln NE
    2017 R1200RTW, 2018 G310GS
    BMWMOA 110521, IBA 8936