• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Added a Top Case

motor10

A friend is selling his older 2014 RT and sold me his Top Case. My dealership rekeyed it for free for me, which was awesome of them to do. I ordered a non remote spare key from the dealer at a cost of $39.00 to save my folding key on the remote from braking when opening the case. I asked about a second remote key and they said it would cost around $350.00. Is that right? If so that is crazy. Does anyone know of any place where I can get one cheaper?

Okay, the next question is, do you think I should have the paint color matched to my bike or leave it as it is and save the money. Thoughts and opinions welcome.

Top Case 1.jpg

Top Case 2.jpg

Top Case 3.jpg

+1 on color matched. I don't always think color matching looks good (depends on the bike and top case...sometimes it's just too much of the same color), but in your case, I think it would definitely tie the colors together.

Can't tell from looking at the photos but has the case already been painted? I looks like it's a dark blue or black instead of the original dark gray matte color.

I think it looks better now than it would in white, and even if it's already been painted to match someone else's bike, I'd leave it as is. Spend the $$ on something like a tank bag, peg lowerers or valve cover covers.

Definitely paint the shiny parts on top of the case white and it will match the bottoms perfectly. Just my opinion and ether way you have a nice bike.

Paint

Pait it white on top, not for the color as much as for the heat so everything inside dosen't bake!

It is black paint on the top half. I'm not sure if that is they way it came or if someone had it painted. the paint job actually looks factory. I will stop by my dealer and see what they charge to paint it.

Back