• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

My Ownership and Mods Thread - 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure

You mentioned that you ordered a windshield but, did not identify the manufacturer or how the windshield worked on your bike. I just bought a F 850 GSA and outside of identifying a Wunderlich $329 windshield have not been able to find much for the GSA.

Easy center stand trick

Roll rear wheel onto a 1 X 6 board then deploy the center stand. The bike will go up like butter because the the hard part of the lifting is done. I just keep a foot long 1X6 board on the garage floor where I park the bike. EZ!

You mentioned that you ordered a windshield but, did not identify the manufacturer or how the windshield worked on your bike. I just bought a F 850 GSA and outside of identifying a Wunderlich $329 windshield have not been able to find much for the GSA.

Not sure if this was directed to me... but I did provide the part number and all details... here it goes again, just in case you missed the post:

BMW Part number: 46638569664
Description: TOURING WINDSCREEN CLEAR

Worked like a charm in this recent trip that I made...

I just got back from a 6,127 miles trip from Orlando, FL to the Southwest corner point in the USA (near San Diego, CA)...

72227645_10157096614852098_8809231782432997376_n.jpg
72481991_10157096638032098_8651755011228827648_n.jpg

Bike behaved flawlessly! But it is too tall for me as it is... only one drop in the parking lot (on the last segment of the trip!) but it was the nut behind the handlebars... coming to a stop and had the handlebar turned when I applied the front brake... rookie mistake, I should know better. But no damage whatsoever as it was another slow motion drop. Those side protection bars are just amazing at doing their job well. I just hate that this bike is so top heavy and the tilting point where I can no longer be able to catch it, is soooo minimal... and I know that this is due to my height...

A few comments:

1. I need to move the GPS... useless with the tank-bag in place.
2. I want the extenders to the hand guards. A little bit more protection from the air on my hands would have been welcomed. Not a big deal, but I see they make those and are easy to install... so I will get them.
3. Seat was comfortable. I was impressed by it. No need to change it.
4. Fuel range, wow... I was riding with 4 Goldwings... remember I changed my Triumph Thruxton R for this bike to be able to have the range needed.. Well, happy to report that they were stopping before I had to... we did several 200+ miles runs and I still had plenty of fuel for another 80+ miles.
5. Taller windshield was a blessing. Glad I made the switch before the trip. It was comfortable cruising all the way...
6. The bags were amazing!! I had everything that I needed (did several configurations before heading out...to make sure everything was organized in a way that made sense). One side had all the camping tools... the other had the food (including a 5-liter water tank that fitted perfectly standing up in front of the bag with the food - this one). Oh, and if you have not used a JetBoil stove.. get one! This was amazing... boiling water in less than a minute! Used it to make coffee, boiled water for the food, etc.
7. BMW riding gear is great! I did not have to take rain gear, or this and that for specific weather... this set was perfect for cold, warm, rain...gloves have two settings (for grip or for rain)... only missing the boots that I will get soon. But so glad I made the purchase.

72574118_10157113019742098_7479153829032755200_n.jpg

8. Thing is, I am not sure how long I will keep the bike... I just made the mistake of buying a taller bike than I can handle. That feeling of thinking I will drop it is not a good one. I had to be very conscious of where I parked, how I parked, any amount of incline on the wrong side and I had problems deploying the side stand and getting the bike to not tilt towards the right side when I was getting off... this sometimes meant asking for help from a fellow rider to hold the bike while I got out. Most times I just rode out and found a better parking spot, or tried the same stop from a different angle... This kind of sucks as I like everything about how the bike behaved. For now I will make the few changes I need to be able to see the GPS with the tank bag in place and the extension to the hand guards.

72972039_10157111447072098_2039648229062082560_n.jpg

72381306_10157083536522098_581192474823753728_n.jpg

71685611_10157083536592098_7060027899264368640_n.jpg

These came in last night. And now installed. And yes, have not had a chance to wash the bike since the trip. Will be doing that this weekend along with the oil/filter change :)

Handguardsext.jpg

Wunderlich low profile seat ordered
Wunderlich upper protection bars ordered

I hope that is enough... I need to also check on how sag is set on this bike to see if there is anything that I can adjust there to make the challenges with my height less of an issue...

Ordering a few more items for the bike:

Wunderlich reinforcement bar for the original engine protection bar - stainless steel BMW F850GS ADV Part No. 41875-000

Barweb.jpg

Wunderlich folding headlight guard BMW F850GS ADV Part No. 25858-102 - I want to replace the one I have on the bike now... this one you can easily open it to clean both sides of the plastic and the stock headlight...

wunderlich-folding-headlight-guard-bmw-f850gs-adv.jpg

wunderlich-folding-headlight-guard-bmw-f850gs-adv (1).jpg

Wunderlich Xtreme rear hugger BMW F750GS F850GS Part No. 20481-000 - fits with the stock chain guard

Rear hugger.JPG

20481-000_02_1500_web.jpg

20481-000_05_1500_web.jpg

Everything arrived! Already installed the rear hugger.

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

Install instructions are very easy to follow and with color photos... so I will not be sharing my install photos... just download the pdf and you will see the step by step.

Here are a few of the rear hugger installed. Confirmed that it can be installed with the chain guard and there are also no issues with the tool box I installed earlier... wohoo@@ :dance:thumb:wave

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

Back