• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R 75/5 ignition switch replacement

Back again! Thanks for the help so far....I have the new switch in and the new connection plate terminal attached to the tabs. I'm starting the rewiring process, problem now being that I have only a rough sketch (my own; shoulda used my iphone) from the original terminal showing which wire goes where. The schematic in my manual is of only marginal help. Does anyone have a resource that shows literally, not schematically, where each wire goes, onto the terminal correctly? Many thanks again. You're keeping the project alive so far!

You could try googling "bmw motorcycle headlight wiring" and clicking on images...I can see a number of photos in various stages for the /5 headlight shell.

Two things....

1 - Please state your location in your signature line. You never know when help it right around the corner.

2 - It's really helpful in project discussion to add new questions to an existing thread... easier to follow, and easier to relocate the discussion.

Google, and Bing, are great resources for locating photographs, and there are a lot of them available for the /5.

Note the terminal identification numbers; they're usually shown on wiring diagrams.

I'm unclear on what you're asking for photos of, but this is about all there is inside the nacelle.

As far as the "order" of the wires in the terminal block is concerned, what is important, obviously, is that each wire connects with it's correct mate.

BMW_R75_R60_R50__5_Zndschloss_Anschlussplatte_1351672_ignition_switch1483519335440.jpg

6312672Kontaktplatte5a.jpg

termblock.jpg

Back