• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member from Orlando, FL - 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure

wachuko

Just saying hi. Purchased a 2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure last Friday...

Plan is to use it to ride all over the USA. First trip already planned that will take me from Orlando, FL to San Diego, CA.

Doing the break-in miles to do a first service and have it ready for the 5K miles+ trip.

I would leave on Oct 4 from Orlando, FL to Grayson, GA... from there 6 friends and me will head out the next day to:

Rich mountain AR
Oklahoma city, OK
Route 66
Palo Duro Canyon, TX
Taos, NM
Santa fe NM
Lowell Observatory, Flagstaff, AZ
Hoover dam NV
Mojave National Preserve
Falling Springs, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Pacific Coast,Hwy, CA

Maybe go to Joshua Tree National parK, CA

Sonoran Desert National Museum,AZ
Coronado National Forest, AZ
Need places to stop between Tucson,AZ and El Paso,TX
Need places to stop between El Paso,TX and San Antonio
Riverwalk, San Antonio,TX
Need places to stop between El Paso,TX and New Orleans
New Orleans , MS
Grayson, GA
Orlando, FL

Some hotel stays, some camping stays... so I will pack a small tent, sleeping bag, etc. for this...

IMG_9643.jpg

IMG_9687.jpg

IMG_9681.jpg

IMG_9683.jpg

Only modification pending is a larger windscreen and phone holder. Both items already ordered... will leave the rest pretty much as you see in the photo...

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like quite the adventure you have planned! Good luck and enjoy!

Forgot to list the options it came with:

2019 BMW F 850 GS Adventure
Lupin Blue Metallic
Rally Style paint scheme
Premium Package Option
HP Sport Silencer
Anti Thef Alarm System
Aluminum Side Cases with all locks matched to key
Liner Bags for Aluminum Side Cases
Comfort Seat (I think, need to check the build sheet to confirm)
Navigation VI
Taller windscreen (should be here this week)

I think that is it...

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like quite the adventure you have planned! Good luck and enjoy!

Thank you. Not new to bikes... but new to long trips... this is my first BMW and first adventure bike...

And this will be my first really long, for me at least, trip... most of the trips I have made in prior bikes were under 1K miles long... not because of the bikes (I have had touring bikes like a '12 Road Glide CVO, '14 Road King CVO, etc.) but more because I was afraid to take such trips...

My recent bike was a 2016 Triumph Thruxton R (that I miss already but had to let it go to avoid an argument with the wife on having two bikes in the garage...some fights are better avoided :) )... And I did not feel it would have been the right bike to take in these coming trips... later on, when I can work on convincing the wife, I will add it again to the garage... wonderful bike to ride and timeless design imho.

DragonRide-sm.jpg

IMG_6244.jpg

Back