• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What is the best used bike?

That 310's motor is just too small for me.
I've got a
1978 R80
1990 K75 RT
2014 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
While you can tour on anything that runs those first two bikes listed are as small as I'd want to go anywhere very far on.
But thats just me .
That Honda CB500X does look like a very nice multi use machine at a great price.
If my significant other threw a tizzy and said to get rid of two bikes and limit myself to one, that might be the one.
But the Concours is a mighty fine super sport touring machine, easy to ride fast or slow, comfortable, reliable, low maintenance, excellent saddle bags and heated grips. Big windscreen from the factory. Great side and center stand. No engine heat. Massive brakes.
No problems, no recalls.

Last edited:
That 310's motor is just too small for me.
I've got a
1978 R80
1990 K75 RT
2104 Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS
While you can tour on anything that runs those first two bikes listed are as small as I'd want to go anywhere very far on.
But thats just me .
That Honda CB500X does look like a very nice multi use machine at a great price.
If my significant other threw a tizzy and said to get rid of two bikes and limit myself to one, that might be the one.
But the Concours is a mighty fine super sport touring machine, easy to ride fast or slow, comfortable, reliable, low maintenance, excellent saddle bags and heated grips. Big windscreen from the factory. Great side and center stand. No engine heat. Massive brakes.
No problems, no recalls.

Well, of course there are no recalls. They haven't made the 2104 Concours yet. Check back in 85 years or so.

Doug

Back