• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

clothing

I live in southern california. Gets cooler and wet sometimes in the winter. Who has the best clothing that is not stiff, waterproof, comfortable, etc. What is better, two piece or one?

A serious answer.
It depends on where and when you ride.
If you commute on your bike and want regular clothing on under your suit an Aerostich one piece would be best.
Some insulation and somewhat rain proof. Easy to get on and off.
If you are on rides where you do not need to wear street clothes I suggest a two piece suit.
I have a BMW Savanna 1 suit. It has a removable Gore-Tex liner which is totally waterproof. It is not insulated so you have to layer your clothing for warmth underneath it. They have updated their line with the Savanna II and the Rally II suits. They are better for hot weather riding.
Sizing, when trying on a suit wear everything that you may need for cold weather riding. You need the room for the layers underneath the suit. And in hot weather it lets the air circulate better.

New Product

I tried on a Fieldsheer Highland 1 Pc this past weekend. It is similar to the Aerostich in design only. It was not very stiff. Has the Goretex liner and very easy to get on and off. It also has a full complement of CE armor. The price is what really attracted me. Coleman Powersports in the DC/VA area has it for $274 and you can get 20% off of that. The only reason I did not purchase one was the sizes were off. A XL was too small and a XXL is too big. But overall a nice suit compared to spending mucho dollars for a Stich. But it looks like I may have to spend the money to get the quality I want!!

Back