Thread: New seat cover?

Michael

New seat cover?

Hi everyone. I bought this bike a couple of months ago in very bad shape and in pieces. She's up and running now and I love her. She sat outside for a long time as you can see by the seat. The seat feels ok, I rode her for 250 miles this weekend, but looks awful! Other than me going to a local upholstery shop near me, are there other seat uptions as an upgrade? Given it's a seat (super important) I am wiling to spend $$$.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Michael.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Local upholstery.

Ask for memory foam, water proof pleather and heating pad. Out for less than $200.00 CDN.

I do about 4-5 a year with my guy and always way better than anything you can buy off the shelf.
    1997 R1100RT, 1981 KZ 440 LTD, R80RT, R90/6 sidecar, K1100RS,1983 K100RS (Cafe now)

“The major civilizing force in the world is not religion, it is sex.”

If you can afford to spend a little time in the seattle area, "Stitch" Rich, at Rich's Custom Seats, is a wizard. He turned the plank seat on my airhead into a 300-miler.
    - Glenn
    2000 R1100RT (current)
    1982 R100RT (traded)
    1970 BSA A65T, 1969 Honda CB350, 1967 Honda CB160 all fondly remembered

I've seen surprising results with Krylon vinyl paint (matte black) on a customers bike.
    What can you loose?
    '
    Ufda happens..........

Need your R11xx Hall sensor rewired? PM me.

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by K7GLE View Post
    If you can afford to spend a little time in the seattle area, "Stitch" Rich, at Rich's Custom Seats, is a wizard. He turned the plank seat on my airhead into a 300-miler.
    Agreed that Rich does excellent work. I've had and enjoyed his seats.

I've also just finished doing a few back-to-back 900 km days with a Sargent seat. Very happy with how it treated my more sensitive parts.

But like GSAddict says, if you're happy with the stock seat, try the Krylon - its worth a shot.

My front seat wasn't even close to that ratty, but i wanted an up6CE2071D-4114-42E0-B9C4-C78497F3824C.jpggrade to the cover and not going to corbin or the other ones. I went to a local upholstery shop. Picked this marine grade vinyl that looks perforated but not really. He also added a thin layer of new hi density foam. $150.

Also try Mr. Ed's Moto in Albany,OR. Web site is www.mredsmoto.com. Good Luck.

theres a guy on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by mhays View Post
    Hi everyone. I bought this bike a couple of months ago in very bad shape and in pieces. She's up and running now and I love her. She sat outside for a long time as you can see by the seat. The seat feels ok, I rode her for 250 miles this weekend, but looks awful! Other than me going to a local upholstery shop near me, are there other seat uptions as an upgrade? Given it's a seat (super important) I am wiling to spend $$$.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice. Michael.
    There is a guy on ebay or amazon that sells a high grade seat vinyl custome cover for about 50... that doesn't help the padding but it removes the bad

Paul

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K7GLE View Post
    Yeah he does great work but you're not going to get a seat re foamed and re covered for CDN$200 at Rich's place as DieselYoda can at his local guy.

I had the front seat of my 1100RT done at Rich's in leather. The leather was only $50 up sell. Cost of the job? CDN$700! In May 2016 that was USD$525.

I like the seat but it did not really do much for my butt problems which is why I went there in the first place. Personally I would never spend that kind of money on a custom seat again.

I got my R100RS seat re-foamed locally and put my original covering back on myself. Cost was under $100 and it's more comfortable than my RT seat. Some upholsterers have mad skills and can fix you up a seat for a lot cheaper than Rich's Custom Saddles.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

You get what you paid for. Pay the $$$.

I have had several seats recovered by Sargent Cycle Products. Sometimes I will have some foam work done (costs extra) for more or firmer padding, other times I will just have the seat recovered. I have been well satisfied by the cost, quality of work, and turn-around time of Sargent's.

https://www.sargentcycle.com/Custom-Seat-Services/

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    You get what you paid for. Pay the $$$.

Normally that is true. Not in this case.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT