Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Aftermarket Low Seat That's Comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by pappy35 View Post
    Here are a couple of pics of my Terry's Custom seat after he modified them to improve my reach to the ground. Awesome seat! If you are in the market for a custom, made to order seat, you won't find a better value or better customer support than Terry and Debi!

Name:  IMG_20190725_191846.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  419.3 KBName:  IMG_20190725_191838.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  444.3 KB
    Al,
    The seats looks great. Did it solve the reach problem? The next big question is, how comfortable are they on a extended ride? Thank you for sharing your opinion and the photos. I hopefully will be calling them to order a seat today some time.

Jay
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

Seat is ordered through Terry's Custom Seats. Come on mid to late January, because my butt cant wait.

Jay
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” - Hunter S. Thompson

I have 19 miles on it now and it's definitely the most immediately comfortable one of the four I've had: OEM, Extra Low Bench, BMW Comfort, and Sargent low (yes, I've been chasing comfort like a cheetah chasing a gazelle. haha). I'm going to do a 5 or 6 hour run tomorrow to get a better idea of long distance comfort.

I think I need to tweak the way it sits with this and maybe adding a shim to the aft mounts. The seat's nose area as initially delivered (under the arrow in this pic) was way too thick and made it completely unusable. Terry carved out all that foam and thinned it out a bit everywhere else. What I have now is a seat that's usable for me with my 29 inch inseam and that I can now do some tweaking to fine-tune it's comfort.

Name:  IMG_20190515_200837.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  357.0 KB
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition

Quote Originally Posted by pappy35 View Post
    I have 19 miles on it now and it's definitely the most immediately comfortable one of the four I've had: OEM, Extra Low Bench, BMW Comfort, and Sargent low (yes, I've been chasing comfort like a cheetah chasing a gazelle. haha). I'm going to do a 5 or 6 hour run tomorrow to get a better idea of long distance comfort.

I think I need to tweak the way it sits with this and maybe adding a shim to the aft mounts. The seat's nose area as initially delivered (under the arrow in this pic) was way too thick and made it completely unusable. Terry carved out all that foam and thinned it out a bit everywhere else. What I have now is a seat that's usable for me with my 29 inch inseam and that I can now do some tweaking to fine-tune it's comfort.

Name:  IMG_20190515_200837.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  357.0 KB
    Al,
    So how did your long ride test go?

Jay

It's a great seat. I did about 5 hours in the saddle after two days commuting on it and it went better than expected.
    '13 R1200RT 90th Anniversary Edition