• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First BMW bike - Colorado & South Florida turf

sea2summit

Hi folks. New guy here who just bought a F750GS. I had a bike in college and then took a 40 year hiatus from the sport. 3 years ago I wanted to try it again and bought a new Suzuki V-Strom 650. This convinced me that riding again was definitely for me. Though I'm no expert, that bike is amazing for what it costs. Moving to the F750GS (similar style with a bit more weight and power, and a LOT more technology), I'm impressed so far but really just getting to know the machine. I didn't think I needed or wanted all the high tech on the Premium version, but that's how pretty much all of them are equipped at dealers now.

I'm based in the central Colorado mountains all summer, and the balance of the year in Marco Island. The mountain riding is amazing - no surprise there.

One thing that is disappointing about this Forum is the small number of posts. I've been checking in on the F-Twins forum and man, it's dead. You would think that with an entirely new model / models introduced about 2 years ago there would be some chatter. Maybe because you have to pay to join, the number of members is more limited. But I will say that what I do read is from a knowledgeable group, and I'm proud to join and learn from you folks. I'll try to get some chatter going in the F-Twins forum from folks who own F750 / F850's.

Cheers.

Attachments

• BMW Ind pass low rez.jpg
    BMW Ind pass low rez.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 81
Willkommen!

Looking Good there up in the High Rockies! Enjoy your new bike; Mrs-HSV has 150K on her F650GS twin and plans to continue enjoying it since it's Farkled to her own preferences... I traded in my F800GS for my K16GT in Dec '18. It's working out well, since we now stick 'mostly' to paved or prepped surfaces.

But on another track, do yourself a favor (as I often say) and take some competent rider refresher training. You know your way around these medium-sized machines, but you might be pleasantly surprised at what a mentor or riding instructor can teach you! You should already be familiar with the GS-folks of Rawhyde (somewhere in CO & CA). For a big chunk of change, they'll show you a really good time and you'll be learning the whole time. We've taken the off-road course at the BMW training center; I had fun -- Mrs-HSV hated it because they were instructing but not actually coaching (she was the only female)! https://rawhyde-offroad.com/trainings/california/

We've also trained with Ken Condon up in CT & MA, where we did Tony's Track Days together on a Sunday. That too was time & money well spent. You might also consider the Colorado Motorcycle Academy (worth a call I bet)... https://www.comotoacademy.com/about/

Just Enlighten yourself, and you'll go farther, faster, and safer...
My 2 cents, HSV-Phil

Last edited:
Hi folks. New guy here who just bought a F750GS. I had a bike in college and then took a 40 year hiatus from the sport. 3 years ago I wanted to try it again and bought a new Suzuki V-Strom 650. This convinced me that riding again was definitely for me. Though I'm no expert, that bike is amazing for what it costs. Moving to the F750GS (similar style with a bit more weight and power, and a LOT more technology), I'm impressed so far but really just getting to know the machine. I didn't think I needed or wanted all the high tech on the Premium version, but that's how pretty much all of them are equipped at dealers now.

I'm based in the central Colorado mountains all summer, and the balance of the year in Marco Island. The mountain riding is amazing - no surprise there.

One thing that is disappointing about this Forum is the small number of posts. I've been checking in on the F-Twins forum and man, it's dead. You would think that with an entirely new model / models introduced about 2 years ago there would be some chatter. Maybe because you have to pay to join, the number of members is more limited. But I will say that what I do read is from a knowledgeable group, and I'm proud to join and learn from you folks. I'll try to get some chatter going in the F-Twins forum from folks who own F750 / F850's.

Cheers.

I'm also a new member living on the Front Range between Denver and the Springs. Just picked up a 2014 f700GS. How is living in Buena Vista?

I'm also a new member living on the Front Range between Denver and the Springs. Just picked up a 2014 f700GS. How is living in Buena Vista?

I have a long history of spending summers in BV. It’s a great place but like all cool destinations, it’s being “discovered”. It’s a small town for sure, but the recreation is plentiful and the valley has become a music Mecca. I prefer small towns, and natural environments, so it suits me just fine. Come out for a visit some time!

One thing that is disappointing about this Forum is the small number of posts. I've been checking in on the F-Twins forum and man, it's dead. You would think that with an entirely new model / models introduced about 2 years ago there would be some chatter. Cheers.

Welcome to the brand! I picked up a used F800GT after a 28y hiatus and found this place much more active and helpful than here for this series of BMW motos:

https://f800riders.org/forum/forum.php

I'm up the road from you near Denver in Arvada. I plan to take a multi day trip and should include BV in my itinerary--PM me and perhaps we can visit and have lunch sometime this summer.

Cheers

Back