• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200ST Clock

rsbmwrider

I 'm a new member and I posted the question on the wrong forum I guess.. Anyway.... can't set the clock time on my 07 R1200ST... Push the button ... nothing. Any ideas? Where can I send the cluster maybe after the riding season? Thanks!

I scroll to the CLOCK menu button... then press the BLACK button and hold down for several seconds just like it says in the manual..... NOTHING.....

I scroll to the CLOCK menu button... then press the BLACK button and hold down for several seconds just like it says in the manual..... NOTHING.....

Well, it seems to me that if a person has a manual, and correctly does exactly what the manual says, and it doeesn't work, it is unlikely that we can fix it over the internet.

Welcome to the MOA Forums. Before you get supremely frustrated you should re= post this in the R1200 Forums, not here in the Oilhead forums. The clocks on oilhead RTs just require that you push in on the rubber button with a key end or pen tip to depress the rubber enough that the contact below makes the clock advance. The rubber buttons do need to be pushed down like you mean it. At least they have been on both my RTs.

I am curious about the "scrolling to the CLOCK" you mention above. I downloaded the ST manual and there is no mention of scrolling. Here is the procedure I just read. Maybe try this way?

Clock
Attempting to set the clock while riding the motorcycle can lead to accidents.
Set the clock only when the motorcycle is stationary.
• Switch on the ignition.
• Press button 1 for longer than 2 seconds.
» Hours reading 2 starts to flash.
• Briefly press button 1.
» The hour increments by one each time you press the button.
» Minutes reading 3 starts to flash.
• Briefly press button 1.
» The minute increments by one each time you press the button.
» Setting confirmed.

I also have a 2007 ST. With the clock displayed on the instrument cluster, press and hold the INFO button on the left handlebar switch cluster, NOT the black button on the instrument cluster. The INFO button is the button 1 that happy wanderer refers to.

With regard to your digital speed display in your post on another forum, the speed displayed is average speed since the last reset, not instantaneous speed.

I also have a 2007 ST. With the clock displayed on the instrument cluster, press and hold the INFO button on the left handlebar switch cluster, NOT the black button on the instrument cluster. The INFO button is the button 1 that happy wanderer refers to.

Not an ST, but seems our R12S is this way. All done with info button

Laughing as I changed my GSA thru time zones a few times recently...can do it on the bike, can't remember how I did it:scratch

I don't know what manual the OP is using, but my 2007 R1200ST manual says NOTHING about a black button for setting the clock. The correct procedure has been adequately described above. But just to clarify, here are the pages from my Owner's Manual describing setting the clock:

Attachments

• Clock.pdf
    117.2 KB · Views: 10
Back