• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

How About Seats?

daz

My 1967 R60/2 has a nice Corbin seat. Problem is my vintage back hates those little tiny bumps on back country roads where I like to ride. I think it's called rebound. On suspensions where I can set rebound I can dial away those pesky sneaky little bumps that drive up my spine.

How about the Denfield saddles? It seems to me it's a built in cushion . But I've never ridden on a Denfield. Do they come in different heights? Or for different rider weights? I'm no iron butt guy. And I have a few bikes for different kinds of rides. I'd like to be able to put more miles on this /2. The Corbin saddle is pretty good. But I have other bikes that suck up those ripples. Would a Denfield help me?

Just to set it right, it's Denfeld...common mistake. That said, my R69S came with a wide bench Denfeld. Duane has a pretty good page about the varieties of these bench seats:

https://w6rec.com/746-2/

I was not comfortable on my bench seat, although it does afford the ability to slide around and find a better position. I preferred the look of the classic tractor solo seat, so I bought one. It is a bit more cramped, probably somewhat like your Corbin. In 2009, a friend and I drove our /2s to Sturgis, MS, for Vech's rally. It was two days each direction and I did it on the tractor solo seat.

Maybe your rear shocks need attention? :dunno

Yes, that's the solo seat that I have. I got mine from Vech in Mississippi. I also got a rear rack which helps "finish off" the rear fender without just the round fender all exposed. I've used the rack before...I was able to strap things to it for my ride in 2009. Plus there are breadloaf seats that can be quickly bolted to the rear rack for a pillion. I believe Vech sells one of those.

On the Denfeld solo seat, there's a bit rubber block called a silent block that provides some compliance when sitting on it. There are three positions from stiff to not-so-stiff. But where the "cushion" comes from is the rubber covering over the internal steel frame. The rubber saddle is very taught but has some give...not enough to sit on the internal frame.

Back