• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Replace or not?

Thanks for the advice. I agree that muffler replacements don't necessarily improve performance or even make it sound better. Many customized Harleys are prime examples. The muffler on my 650 is discolored, not just from oil and road grime. I was curious whether a non-stock, like an Arrow muffler would work and not harm performance. Not a priority to improve performance, though. Just not make it worse.

You’ll likely find the oe muffler really expensive. Aftermarket mufflers hyped as performance items often even moreso. There’s little in between ... BMW are small sales volume bikes.

F650CS muffler change

Has anyone replaced the muffler or their exhaust system on a F650 cs? If so, what has been your experience with it?

I have used two aftermarket mufflers on my F650CS. 1) Dominator - cheap aftermarket pipe. $150.00 US. Bought on EBAY. Very light. Very loud! Must have ear plugs! Not good for distance riding.
2) GPR - Italian. $150.00 CAN. Bought on KIJIJI (Toronto, Canada). Nice looks. light weight. Good sound when on the gas. Not offensive on ears. Good for in town and distance riding.

Stock pipe is very heavy.

Hope that helps.
rudy

Replacement muffler for f650cs

Thanks Rudy! I know catalytic converters are linked to engine performance. I've been curious how removing the stock system would affect the engine's functioning. And yes, all stock systems are heavy.

Back