• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Retro /5 based on the R9T

I'm not one for retro-anything but that bike REALLY appeals to me.

That is the first non-ST/crotch-rocket I've been attracted since I bought a brand new Honda Nighthawk 450 back in '83.

Super easy to replicate that, its just an R9T Pure with spoke wheels and a paint job.

The bars, speedo only, conventional forks and standard mount Brembos are all hints of its Pure beginnings.

0% interest for 60 months and a sub $10K entry price mean most folks can put 0$ down and have this in their garage for less than $200 a month.

I think it's beautiful, much prettier than the regular RnineT. Really has a retro feel too, with the treatment of the tank, saddle, fork gaiters, etc.. Beautiful paint color. Like all the RNineT variants however, it seems short and tall in the saddle and rear section. On the original bikes the saddle ended at the back of the rear wheel, now it's much shorter. And the saddle joins the tank almost near the top.

Just saw this online report...celebrating the 50 year history of the /5. Seems kind of interesting...the bike has a certain amount of appeal...has some visual clues that do strike a /5 pose.

https://robbreport.com/motors/motorcycles/bmw-50th-anniversary-tribute-r-ninet-2857907/

View attachment 74801

I thought the same thing when I saw this bike online. Very appealing bike. I find so much of bikes made today have robotic transformer like styling and none of it appeals to me. I like pure, simple, elegant styling with soft round edges, not hard, angular edges. Different bikes for different tastes I realize, but unfortunately most of them do t appeal to me. This bike does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back