View Poll Results: Should MOA forum add new "Politics & Motorcycling" sub-forum?

Voters
91. You may not vote on this poll
  • MOA forum should add "Politics & Motorcycling" sub-forum

10 10.99%
  • MOA forum should remain as it is without new sub-forum

64 70.33%
  • I don't care

17 18.68%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Should the MOA forum introduce a new "Politics and Motorcycling" sub-forum?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ncpbmw1953 View Post
    What a crock for those who don't want this sub-forum. Political comments happen regularly in all of the forums here and I agree they shouldn't and yet here is the perfect place to confine this sort of discussion to. For the lousy hard drive space required to dedicate to this it's just stupid to not have this space available for this type of commentary. If YOU don't want to participate in one dedicated to politics YOU don't have to. The poll should have been confined to those who are in favor of this, not to those that aren't. Again, if YOU don't want to participate you don't have to.
    A one-sided poll
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

What a crock for those who don't want this sub-forum. Political comments happen regularly in all of the forums here and I agree they shouldn't and yet here is the perfect place to confine this sort of discussion to. For the lousy hard drive space required to dedicate to this it's just stupid to not have this space available for this type of commentary. If YOU don't want to participate in one dedicated to politics YOU don't have to. The poll should have been confined to those who are in favor of this, not to those that aren't. Again, if YOU don't want to participate you don't have to.
    The solution to pollution is dilution. And politics on this forum is pollution. And a "crock".
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

"What a crock for those who don't want this sub-forum. Political comments happen regularly in all of the forums here and I agree they shouldn't and yet here is the perfect place to confine this sort of discussion to. For the lousy hard drive space required to dedicate to this it's just stupid to not have this space available for this type of commentary. If YOU don't want to participate in one dedicated to politics YOU don't have to. "

I agree here !
    Ron Prior {AMA member ,MOA member}
    Milford,Oh
    2002 KLT
    2004 Roadster

No.
    As a nearly 20 year MOA member, moderator of other BMW forums, volunteer at many MOA events, and life long forum participant I've learned one thing:

Politics suck.

I really don't want to know who's a feminist, a communist, an anarchist, a MAGA hat wearer, or a "snowflake"
    I just don't want to add that level of interaction between people here.

Everyone has a political opinion.

All a political sub-forum does is allow people the ability to say things behind the keyboard that they might know better than to say at the campfire.

Keyboard Commandos already have enough outlets...

Tell me all about your viscosity, your coefficients of friction, your synthetics and your dinosaurs... but please... keep your politics to your self..

-Ken Springhetti
    1978 R100RS , 1983 R80RT, 1998 R1100RT, 2008 R1200GS, 2018 Z1000, 2018 FLHRC

Quote Originally Posted by kz1000ken View Post

All a political sub-forum does is allow people the ability to say things behind the keyboard that they might know better than to say at the campfire.
    Especially the ones who use silly handles and fear to reveal their real identities in a sig line or anywhere else.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Appears the current policy is best considering what some wish to do to their imaginary enemies. Politics has to be compartmentalized. Containerized. Never was incendiary as it is today. Occasionally you may have a chance to talk about it with someone not inclined to throw a cocktail through the front window. Now back to my latest KRS front windscreen project.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Especially the ones who use silly handles and fear to reveal their real identities in a sig line or anywhere else.
    It's part of the fun. I don't think I have every heard of anyone hiding behind their screen name. I am much more irritated by blocked telephone calls (don't answer them but still had to go to the phone). I think the origins (popularity) may date back to the days of CB radio.....CB radio (at its peak) was so much fun.

For your dining and dancing pleasure-

As far as usernames

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...Your-User-Name

For Avatars-

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...ar-that-you-do

Personally, when I hear the complaints about screen names, I first think of the "Travel from state to state-no papers" scene from The Hunt for Red October-

The second thing I think of is......Waddaya gonna need to prove who you say you are?....I got it! Avatar must be a passport picture

Enjoy a couple of related threads from the past.

Omega Man
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Hard to make friends with good ole 1453256.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Hard to make friends with good ole 1453256.
    Would you have to become MoBeemer?

OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

No MTBeemer, for Montana, just like it says in my signature line under Kevin.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Since something’s keeping track,

47315960-4AC8-4AD8-ACBE-819BC70B354E.jpeg

No.
    Last edited by tanker4me; 08-23-2019 at 02:27 AM.
    We are all here for a spell, get all the good laughs you can.
    Will Rogers

No, Please No!

I just joined the club and would hate to see politics or religion creep into the forum. Just motorbikes and riding, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by motorbro View Post
    I just joined the club and would hate to see politics or religion creep into the forum. Just motorbikes and riding, thank you!
    Welcome to the forum!
    Enjoy.
    Gary
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The problem with politics, it spills over and drowns all else.
    F850GS

MOA #46783

Just a reminder, because it looks like some people think that they would get a "Jo Mamma" style free-for-all sub-forum, like over on advrider.com.

NOTE: This sub-forum "Politics & Motorcycling" would be for the discussion of politics, but only in a narrow focus of how it affects motorcycling, e.g. riders, rider clubs, dealers, vendors, manufacturers, etc.. It would not be a forum to discuss any other type of politics. This was explained in the opening post.

(BTW, as I've stated several times in this thread, I don't want politics or religion discussed on this forum, no matter how limited.)
    2000 K1200RS, 2004 R1100S
    2005 K1200S, 2016 F800GT
    2018 R9T, 2018 C650GT