• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

SO glad they moved the Rally dates!

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
It's another warm July across most of the nation! 80's and 90's with humidity.

I'm so thankful that the BOD and powers that be made the decision to move the Rally dates to June.

DC

Nobody protested to the date change more than I did. For that matter, my protests about moving the rally to Father's Day weekend made the ON. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say I would leave the MOA in protest, I was sure that my days attending the national rally were over! My father is getting up there in age and Father's Day is always a special time for us. 3 generations of us enjoy attending the Father's Day car shows together.

Then I went to the rally this year

And I hope they never, ever, ever move it back to July. In hindsight, it was probably a safer move for me as I wasn't crossing the southwest desert in triple digit heat both ways. Although the rains eventually pushed me back west a week after the rally ended, overall it was a much more comfortable 7000 mile vacation.

I was wrong. There are other car shows I can go to with my family. We adjusted our schedules and dealt with it.

Looking forward to Montana, in June, next year. I'll be the guy by the food truck eating crow. :dance

Nobody protested to the date change more than I did. For that matter, my protests about moving the rally to Father's Day weekend made the ON. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say I would leave the MOA in protest, I was sure that my days attending the national rally were over! My father is getting up there in age and Father's Day is always a special time for us. 3 generations of us enjoy attending the Father's Day car shows together.

Then I went to the rally this year

And I hope they never, ever, ever move it back to July. In hindsight, it was probably a safer move for me as I wasn't crossing the southwest desert in triple digit heat both ways. Although the rains eventually pushed me back west a week after the rally ended, overall it was a much more comfortable 7000 mile vacation.

I was wrong. There are other car shows I can go to with my family. We adjusted our schedules and dealt with it.

Looking forward to Montana, in June, next year. I'll be the guy by the food truck eating crow. :dance

And wearing a light jacket I might add!

The weather was perfect. We got lucky. It had been in the 90s here in Tennessee in May. I hope the weather continues to cooperate for the future rallies. With weather you get what you get, but I guess June is statistically better than July in regards to heat. Let's hope June is not too early when we get to Great Falls.

I rained heavily for days the week before the rally. We definitely got lucky. I mean, it was GORGEOUS!

The weather was perfect. We got lucky. It had been in the 90s here in Tennessee in May. I hope the weather continues to cooperate for the future rallies. With weather you get what you get, but I guess June is statistically better than July in regards to heat. Let's hope June is not too early when we get to Great Falls.

Lucky for SURE! I attended many of the Honda Hoot Rallies in Knoxville in mid-June and they were always hotter than stink! Late June ... mid-July .... it is all summer. Remember the Vermont Rally??? Temps in the 90's every day! But hopefully Great Falls even in the summer will be cooler than most places.

Great Falls: Average June high = 73f. Average July high = 83f. June average low = 46f, July average low = 51f. Averages can be deceiving but this location gives some measure of comfort it won't be like Bloomsburg or Sedalia or Lima or Spokane or Salt Lake City. Camping in triple digits is not pleasant.

https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/great-falls/montana/united-states/usmt0146

Not being a camper I had no problems in Bloomsburg, Lima or Salt Lake. I missed Sedalia and Spokane. Heck for me camping in 80 degree heat is not pleasant!

But I am hopeful the averages will mean a nice cool Rally next year! And from Charlotte (Oh we know heat) a great ride!

How about Daytona Beach Now?

Now that its a June National Rally....how about Daytona Beach?

I'm so thankful that the BOD and powers that be made the decision to move the Rally dates to June.

DC

When will they publish the exact dates for 2020, or have they already? I've never been to one and I'm in Denver area so it would be a great ride to get there thru Jackson/Yellowstone and I do want to go thru Flaming Gorge as well. I would ride out the very lovely and easy 40 out of Denver to Flaming Gorge.

Beer Garden

Morning!

MAD DOG here, Beer Garden Chair.
Well...I'm so glad that every one enjoyed the $3.00 Porter, and our selections last year, {and those "lucky " few who got to see me dance with the ventriloquist on stage}, because The MOA will not be running the BG in Great Falls. Just too much money in booze, I'm afraid. So hopefully there will be a pub crawl that I can enjoy again!

On another note, very happy to cross the Mid-west from Ct. in June and not July. But I also remember that we had hail every day in 2015, or was it '98. Either way it's not summer in MT. in June.
See you then everyone.

MAD DOG {ret. BG Chair temp.}:drink

Back