• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Bmw, what a bunch of jerks!!

speck.wisc

How dare they come out with a better GS. I was at the dealership last week picking up some oil and filters and there it was; a new GS 1250. My 1200 is the pinnacle of bike excellence, modded just the way I want, two wheel perfection. My happy place, and my refuge from a nutty world. And BMW does this to me.
My guy says why don’t you take it for a ride. I do. I’ve seen the videos and read the reviews. They’re not lying. That motor is amazing. I get back and I’m staring at it. Will the mods on my bike fit this new, sultry, temptress of motorcycle nirvana? Pretty much, oh crap!
I took a deep breath and had to say to myself the instrument panel is dumb. I like analog speedos. Took my stuff and went home. Gave my bike some new oil and filter love and told it I would never leave it for another. It’s taken me to too many cool places in some really bad conditions with nary a complaint. Can’t part with it. But still.
JERKS!!

WE DON'T HAVE TO STAND FOR THIS! They can't just go around improving their products willy-nilly like this.

We Wethead GS and RT 1200 owners should band together and start a class-action lawsuit against BMW. I suspect we could get KTM and Ducati to file Friend of the Court briefs in our favor.

I also love my R1200RTW... coming from a 2004 RT, I was amazed at the improvements. I deliberately waited until the 2019's were due to arrive in the showrooms, and then found a barely-used 2017 at a great price. The plan is to wait another ~3 years and then try to find a similar deal on a 1250.

But it is tempting to hear all the stories of the great new engine. I keep telling myself that all that extra power is not necessary... and the extra fuel consumption is socially irresponsible. :brow

yeah, right.

But it is tempting to hear all the stories of the great new engine. I keep telling myself that all that extra power is not necessary... and the extra fuel consumption is socially irresponsible. .

Maybe. Voni and I got 310s

I’m singing an Elton John tune right now (“almost had your hooks in me...”). Test rode back to back the 1250GS HP and a pristine 2017GS with less than 2k miles and bags. The 1250 motor is indeed a wonder—more torque on the bottom and more punch up top. I had made up my mind to swallow hard and spring for the 1250 when a 2018 GS popped up on the local classifieds. An unfarkled Premium package in Light White with 2k miles showing on the TFT display, and over $5k less than a new bike. I snapped it up in a hurry and am very happy with the bike. Maybe in a few years I’ll take another look at the 1250, but for now—I’m busy building a farkle list. :) :)

Best,
DeVern

If you want a bike that never changed you should have bought a Honda ST1300. I think it was a 12 year run without one change other than EPA requirements.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back