Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: which motorcycle lift ?

which motorcycle lift ?

I am looking for a motorcycle lift to move the R1200RT - GS around the garage easier . I see one at Harbor Freight but don't know how they work .
    Input please
    Thanks

I bought a Sears lift and have never opened the box.

Anyone want it??
    Bruce A. Brown #212072
    MSF 2-wheel Instructor
    H-D Riding Academy Instructor
    S/TEP 3-wheel Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by crna59 View Post
    I bought a Sears lift and have never opened the box.

Anyone want it??
    If someone does, please use the PM system to work a deal...otherwise you may be answering "do you still have it?" questions for years

That style lift works on some models for wheel removal and minor tasks, others the exhaust and other undercarriage items cause stability issues. Have both for different uses.

Quote Originally Posted by mosrrt View Post
    I am looking for a motorcycle lift to move the R1200RT - GS around the garage easier . I see one at Harbor Freight but don't know how they work .
    Input please
    Thanks

You want to move parked bike around or a bike lift for work?

Park-N-Move is a move about dolly that you set centerstand on, the HF lift table will work for RT and GS work off the floor, however, not a roll about set-up with a bike on it.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    If someone does, please use the PM system to work a deal...otherwise you may be answering "do you still have it?" questions for years

That style lift works on some models for wheel removal and minor tasks, others the exhaust and other undercarriage items cause stability issues. Have both for different uses.

You want to move parked bike around or a bike lift for work?

Park-N-Move is a move about dolly that you set centerstand on, the HF lift table will work for RT and GS work off the floor, however, not a roll about set-up with a bike on it.
    Just looking for an easier way to move it around in the garage . I see the park and move as a bear to put it on the center stand to use it
    Am I right about that ?
    The HF model , just jack it up and move .....maybe !

Just looking for an easier way to move it around in the garage . I see the park and move as a bear to put it on the center stand to use it
    Am I right about that ?
    I have been using a Park-n-Move for 8 years and it is not too difficult to use. If the bike is difficult to begin with, then it will be difficult on the PnM.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Input please
    Thanks
    They work like crap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Input please
    Thanks
    A lift is different than Dolly’s with small wheels that allow you to spin the bike into any position. What type are you actually looking for.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a Handy lift and a Harbor Freight motorcycle lift that is more like a jack with wheels. The HF was given to me by a person who did not trust it. The only time I have used it is on my Handy lift to raise the rear end of an ATV or riding lawn mower. I would be nervous using it on a big bike and would not trust moving it with a bike on it.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Am I right about that ?
    The Park and Move is a good option to maneuver the bike around the garage. If you are concerned about getting the bike on the center stand, get yourself a small piece of 3/4 inch OSB or plywood. Roll the rear tire onto the wood, put the Park and Move under the center stand and place the bike on the center stand, just as if it was on the floor. The 3/4 inch lift, from the board, makes a huge difference. I have a significant injury to my right leg and placing the bike on the Park and Move with the above method is easy. It is also easy to move the bike on the Park and Ride.
    Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it.

there was a vendor outdoors at Des Moines who had a roll around dolly. Can't recall the darn name at the moment. Was a long channel with wheels and they were demoing the ease of use.

Someone remember the name

Also have Park n Move and not a bear on the models I have used it on.

I have seen a motorcycle dolly that has a rail and on the left side an extended area for the sidestand. Dolly wheels at the front and back and that left side in a triangular pattern. It is designed to roll the bike on and to then move it around.

Here is an example:
    https://www.harborfreight.com/low-pr...SABEgJh__D_BwE

There are others. Do a search on "Motorcycle Dolly"
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I'm contemplating an ABBA Sky Lift. I believe it will also work with both bikes, I think you just have to order a separate fitting kit. I've used cheap lifts/stands and most of the time you get what you pay for. I also believe this stand has been discussed on this forum so you might be able to read responses from actual owners.
    2016 R1200RT Platinum Bronze
    BMW MOA #96270

I see one at Harbor Freight but don't know how they work
    I've had two of them, and they both work great. In fact, I bought the second one because I missed the first one after giving it to a neighbor kid when my wife and I moved to a new home. They are a little narrow, so you need to be careful with your feet as you go on and off. They have wheels and tie-down points, so you can secure the bike and then move it around (carefully). The front wheels are casters, and they have an integral jack point that will lift the casters off the floor to provide more stability when you don't want the table to move. I wouldn't use it to move a bike around with the table in the raised position.

The front moto wheel clamp is kind of primitive. I have a Baxley chock that I prefer. I mounted the chock to the front of the lift in place of the wheel clamp, and I can ride into the chock and then step off the bike while I tie it down, or deploy the center stand.

They are inexpensive and strong and they beat rolling around on the floor.

Cap

Anyone really use an ATV lift on a RT? I have a ATV lift and I never considered it. I guess I thought it was not possible with the way the RT is constructed on the underside.

I think the OP is asking about a dolly instead of lift for mobility in garage.

Legal Speeding's Park-N-Move

PNM_Standard-300w.jpg

https://www.legalspeeding.com/Park-n...m#.XLXMVexOk1I

A bit pricier and what I saw at the DesMoines Rally

index.jpeg

https://www.condor-lift.com/index.ph...product_id=100