• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Inspect bike for me at Kissell Motorsports in (Tyrone) Altoona, PA

Folks, I've put a deposit down on a bike at Kissell Motorsports in Tyrone, PA. and was hoping a member close by might volunteer to stop by the dealership and do an in person inspection for me. I'm hoping to do a drive and ride this Saturday, so some time this week would be helpful, sorry for such short notice, if you can help please PM and we can work out the details.

Also, if anyone has experience with Kissell Motorsports, that input would be greatly appreciated. The folks I've been dealing with have been very good, but others experiences help round out a picture.

Thanks
J

Folks, I've put a deposit down on a bike at Kissell Motorsports in Tyrone, PA. and was hoping a member close by might volunteer to stop by the dealership and do an in person inspection for me. I'm hoping to do a drive and ride this Saturday, so some time this week would be helpful, sorry for such short notice, if you can help please PM and we can work out the details.

Also, if anyone has experience with Kissell Motorsports, that input would be greatly appreciated. The folks I've been dealing with have been very good, but others experiences help round out a picture.

Thanks
J

I live 30 min from Kissell and would be happy to assist, which bike?
Charlie

I live 30 min from Kissell and would be happy to assist, which bike?
Charlie

Thanks Charlie. Its a 2018 BMW R 1200 RT Carbon Black Metallic Premium, the Stock Number is U466769. Really low mileage, 450 or so, they had a video on cycle trader that looked pretty good and identified a couple small scuffs, but nothing like someone really laying an eye on it. Ill drop them a note and let them know you'll be stopping by to have a look for me.

Thanks Charlie. Its a 2018 BMW R 1200 RT Carbon Black Metallic Premium, the Stock Number is U466769. Really low mileage, 450 or so, they had a video on cycle trader that looked pretty good and identified a couple small scuffs, but nothing like someone really laying an eye on it. Ill drop them a note and let them know you'll be stopping by to have a look for me.

It will probably be Wednesday or Thursday this week. Let me know if you you'd like more photos of specific areas. I’ve known Josh for over 5 years and used their service, honest and good people. I have my 1992 R100R on consignment with them and have had nothing but a favorable experience.
Charlie

It will probably be Wednesday or Thursday this week. Let me know if you you'd like more photos of specific areas. I’ve known Josh for over 5 years and used their service, honest and good people. I have my 1992 R100R on consignment with them and have had nothing but a favorable experience.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie,

Funny I met up and rode from North Carolina over to the rally with a bloke on an 1992 R100R. So are you planning on replacing yours with something newer?

Nothing beats a good visual inspection. If you see something you think warrants a photo, it would be much appreciated.

I've done my internet research and the dealership rates very favorable, and I got a good feeling from Evan when I spoke with him on the phone. That said, being almost 700 miles away I'm trying to use all available resources to be as prepared as possible. This is a major purchase for us, as it is most people, so the more info we can get the better.

Thanks again,
Jerry

Thanks Charlie,

Funny I met up and rode from North Carolina over to the rally with a bloke on an 1992 R100R. So are you planning on replacing yours with something newer?

Nothing beats a good visual inspection. If you see something you think warrants a photo, it would be much appreciated.

I've done my internet research and the dealership rates very favorable, and I got a good feeling from Evan when I spoke with him on the phone. That said, being almost 700 miles away I'm trying to use all available resources to be as prepared as possible. This is a major purchase for us, as it is most people, so the more info we can get the better.

Thanks again,
Jerry

I’ve replaced it with a 1996 R1100GS I found locally, 23k miles and a good service history. I want to do light off-road riding and don’t have room (or funds) for 2 bikes. Those airheads are great bikes, the GS versions were priced out of my budget.

I’ll be in touch after my visit this week, let me know if you think of anything else you need in the meantime!
Charlie

I bought my 2018 RT from them

It was a very good experience. The people there are top notch. I bought a demo from them that had 52 miles on it. It needed to have 250 on it for them to sell it. They put the 250 miles on it plus rode it to 600 miles and did the 600 mile service before delivering it to me. That saved me a lot of headaches because I am 3.5 hours from them.

I’ve replaced it with a 1996 R1100GS I found locally, 23k miles and a good service history. I want to do light off-road riding and don’t have room (or funds) for 2 bikes. Those airheads are great bikes, the GS versions were priced out of my budget.

I’ll be in touch after my visit this week, let me know if you think of anything else you need in the meantime!
Charlie

Saw the bike today, I would rate it a 9.9 out of 10 cosmetically (10=new). The only items Josh the owner pointed out was a minuscule scratch on under the left valve cover (couldn’t see it, only felt it) and a rough surface under the right valve cover (again couldn't see it, only felt it. Otherwise a beautiful bike, the color is beautiful and the rims were perfect. Let me know if you have any questions, Josh is very reasonable to deal with.
Charlie

I’ll be coming in Saturday to pick up a bike as well. My first purchase from them, but they’ve been doing service for me since my local dealer closed. It’s 260 miles for me, but worth going a little bit farther than my other options because they have been great people and work hard to take care of you. I schedule service with them right before rally that I planned out as part of trip from DC back home. Plan was to be there couple of hours and then head rest of way home. Unfortunately, I got lucky that my water pump had started to go just as I got there. They knew I needed to get home and then head out to rally few days later. I could have rented car to get home, but they hooked me up with RT. Then they expedited repairs so my bike would be ready for the week long trip I had planned for 6 months and then they stayed open late to greet me and swap bikes so that I didn’t have to lose another day when my bike was ready.

Charlie, thank you for taking the time, its appreciated. I like to buy you lunch some time and check out that GS you've got.

Bhackleman, that's a refreshing story of a great dealer. Thanks for posting.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, it's much appreciated and has gone a long way in easing concerns about such a long distance purchase. I'll be heading south late this afternoon, getting to Altoona to return the rental car at 9 or 10, Evan the sales manager, has agreed to pick me up at the car return. Then it's off to sign on the dotted line.

Well, pickup went without a hitch, thanks all for the feedback, the Kissell team was all that was advertised, great folks to deal with. As for the bike, well, the ride home was 655 miles and I kept looking for something to complain about and could find nothing, even the seat allowed for a 250 mile, 3 hour, stretch with little to no pain. What a great ride. If anyone is going to the Finger Lakes Rally, please let me know I'd like to by you a pop or beer.

Back