Thread: New From Colorado

New From Colorado

Recently changed residency to Colorado, after almost 40 years from the last time I lived here. Commuting on the plains will definitely el-sucko from the traffic, but definitely looking forward to hitting the roads in the foothills and mountains. Bought my current two wheeler (see sig) new in 2016. I'm kinda old school, and thought some of the RR's features, like the heated grips belong only a cruiser, like a Honda Goldwing, or cough, H-D. But I rode in cold weather and only had my summer gloves. Ooh. Could still get good feedback from the handle bars, but not freezing my fingers off. I'm a believer.
    2016 S1000RR - Red White & Blue & Stock

Welcome. There certainly are lots of great places to ride in Colorado - mostly west of I-25. There are at least two local chartered clubstoo. Where are you in Colorado?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Welcome to the forum! Always happy to see another plains rider, although I have to ride a little further than you in order to get to the mountains.

Good luck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Amadison - Welcome to the forum! The RR should provide some great fun in the twisties and miles of smiles. Heated grips should be standard on all bikes; I have used mine in Arizona and was happy my bike had them.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Welcome. There certainly are lots of great places to ride in Colorado - mostly west of I-25. There are at least two local chartered clubstoo. Where are you in Colorado?
    I am in Longmont. At the time I originally posted, I was commuting to Boulder/Arapahoe Ave and intimidated by two-wheeling on the Diagonal highway (at least with not being able to flat foot on stops). I've fixed my inseam issues with 'tall heeled' boots and increasing the shifter clearance. With changing jobs (I'm a high-tech contractor right now) and commuting up I-25 to Fort Collins. After the nightmare that's I-25, the Diagonal Highway no longer scares me.
    2016 S1000RR - Red White & Blue & Stock