• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Looking for Weekend Riding Friends

modarin9

Fear is the Mind Killer
Hello MOA Riders!

I just relocated from southeast Florida where I was a member of the Gold Coast Beemers a super active club with monthly lunch rides, meetings, raffles, dinners, picnics, etc. Now here in northeast Illinois hoping for similar activities and active riders. Anyone out there looking for a fellow companion for day trips or more? Let me know. I would enjoy connecting.

I'm also interested in potentially creating an active Chicago area club. I know there are two out in the suburbs but haven't seen that much activity from them other that hot dog rides. Nothing against that but my RT would prefer 250-300 mile trips vs. short suburban outings. There is so much to see in WI, IL, IN, IA, and MI and summer is short.

Thanks for reading!

Nestor

Weekend Rides

I’m interested. It would be nice to get some longer day rides going.

You can pm me.

Best,

Ed

Hello MOA Riders!

I just relocated from southeast Florida where I was a member of the Gold Coast Beemers a super active club with monthly lunch rides, meetings, raffles, dinners, picnics, etc. Now here in northeast Illinois hoping for similar activities and active riders. Anyone out there looking for a fellow companion for day trips or more? Let me know. I would enjoy connecting.

I'm also interested in potentially creating an active Chicago area club. I know there are two out in the suburbs but haven't seen that much activity from them other that hot dog rides. Nothing against that but my RT would prefer 250-300 mile trips vs. short suburban outings. There is so much to see in WI, IL, IN, IA, and MI and summer is short.
E
Thanks for reading!

Nestor

Last edited:
If folks, even those sorely afraid to disclose their actual identity, would at least disclose a rough approximation of their secret hidden locations this forum would be much more useful. If you can't tell from my User Name, or even my Sig Line my name is Paul Glaves, I wrote a column in the BMW Owners News (now corrupted to the ON) for 20 years. I live in the Texas Big Bend on TX 118 between Alpine and Study Butte, and travel every summer throughout the US and Canada. My address and email and phone number were public knowledge in the Owners News for 20 years, and otherwise from about age 8 when folks wanted to call my parents about my misdeeds such as stealing crab apples off of Mrs. Phlum's trees , in the phone book.

If I can't tell who you are, or even where you might live within a state or two, neither I nor any other member can be of much help.

Riding Friends

Modarin9 and Rhydmore
See tread Peoria TT, Jubilee College State Park can be a nice ride down from Chicago if you avoid interstate highways, many nice people from Chicago area last year. If you want to ride down and join the fun and are not setup to camp send me a PM and let me know and I will throw in a extra tent or tents and some sort of sleeping stuff.
P.S. people also enjoyed the races.

Last edited:
Back