Thread: 2020 S1000RR Delays?!? Availability? Looking for 1!

2020 S1000RR Delays?!? Availability? Looking for 1!

I have this bike on order and have been told there’s a production delay. So, end of June delivery is now “sometime in August”.

Can’t get a straight answer from my dealer so thought I would ask here.

Anyone have any idea? Or, is anyone aware of a dealership that may have one? Looking for M version (w/ select package).

Any information greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by madaket View Post
    I have this bike on order and have been told there’s a production delay. So, end of June delivery is now “sometime in August”.

Can’t get a straight answer from my dealer so thought I would ask here.

Anyone have any idea? Or, is anyone aware of a dealership that may have one? Looking for M version (w/ select package).

Any information greatly appreciated!
    You can't get a straight answer from the dealer because dealerships are usually the last to know anything the home company considers problematic. They usually don't have a clue. I prefer that they tell me that, which they usually do.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I looked at the MAX BMW website for that model. Looks like it's hard to get. See below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 9.20.55 PM.png
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    “So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
    And we never even know we have the key”

https://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7340

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...9-bmw-s1000rr/

....seems to be result of production delays in Berlin due to supply chain issues, and a higher than expected demand for the M package

Quote Originally Posted by waldeck1 View Post
    https://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7340

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/...9-bmw-s1000rr/

....seems to be result of production delays in Berlin due to supply chain issues, and a higher than expected demand for the M package
    Of all the things that could cause production delays, supplier issues and high demand would worry me the least—the latter being the kind of problem I actually enjoy seeing BMW experiencing.

Patience, grasshopper...

Best,
    DeVern
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST — 1984 R80 G/S-PD — 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C — 2010 K1300GT — 2018 R1200GS
    BMWMOA#52184, AMA#271542, IBA#138

In recognition of the further disappointment this announcement will cause we would like to offer you a £500 Retailer Credit which can be used towards servicing, parts ,accessories or BMW rider wear and which will be available upon collection of your ordered S 1000 RR.
    Once again, please accept my apologies for the massive inconvenience and frustration caused by the delay you are experiencing and thank you in advance for your continued patience and loyalty to the BMW Motorrad brand.
    It's interesting that the riders in Europe who put a deposit down on the 2019 R1250RS did not get this offer when it was announced the RS would not arrive until fall.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    I looked at the MAX BMW website for that model. Looks like it's hard to get. See below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 9.20.55 PM.png
    Yep, I have my deposit with Max BMW in NH. Will just have to wait patiently.....

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Of all the things that could cause production delays, supplier issues and high demand would worry me the least—the latter being the kind of problem I actually enjoy seeing BMW experiencing.

Patience, grasshopper...

Best,
    DeVern
    Definitely waiting....watching grass grow to pass the time....

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    You can't get a straight answer from the dealer because dealerships are usually the last to know anything the home company considers problematic. They usually don't have a clue. I prefer that they tell me that, which they usually do.
    Unfortunately, all toooooooo true, sir. I've become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with answering perfectly reasonable questions "I honestly have no idea, and don't know exactly when I will".
    Greg North - Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte & Greensboro
    There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
    And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by RYD1WD View Post
    Unfortunately, all toooooooo true, sir. I've become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with answering perfectly reasonable questions "I honestly have no idea, and don't know exactly when I will".
    And I have now become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with giving that same answer for significantly extended periods of time...
    Greg North - Sales & Marketing Manager, BMW Motorcycles Of Charlotte & Greensboro
    There are motorcycle owners, and there are motorcycle riders.
    And then there are those of us for whom motorcycling is an essential part of our journey - a way of life, and looking at it.

Quote Originally Posted by madaket View Post
    Definitely waiting....watching grass grow to pass the time....
    Did you finally get this bike?
    John Simonds
    2017 R 1200 GS Adventure
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.