• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2020 S1000RR Delays?!? Availability? Looking for 1!

madaket

I have this bike on order and have been told there’s a production delay. So, end of June delivery is now “sometime in August”.

Can’t get a straight answer from my dealer so thought I would ask here.

Anyone have any idea? Or, is anyone aware of a dealership that may have one? Looking for M version (w/ select package).

Any information greatly appreciated!

I have this bike on order and have been told there’s a production delay. So, end of June delivery is now “sometime in August”.

Can’t get a straight answer from my dealer so thought I would ask here.

Anyone have any idea? Or, is anyone aware of a dealership that may have one? Looking for M version (w/ select package).

Any information greatly appreciated!

You can't get a straight answer from the dealer because dealerships are usually the last to know anything the home company considers problematic. They usually don't have a clue. I prefer that they tell me that, which they usually do.

I looked at the MAX BMW website for that model. Looks like it's hard to get. See below:

Screen Shot 2019-07-05 at 9.20.55 PM.png

https://www.tankslap.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7340

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/new-bikes/2019-bmw-s1000rr/

....seems to be result of production delays in Berlin due to supply chain issues, and a higher than expected demand for the M package

Of all the things that could cause production delays, supplier issues and high demand would worry me the least—the latter being the kind of problem I actually enjoy seeing BMW experiencing.

Patience, grasshopper...
:)

Best,
DeVern

In recognition of the further disappointment this announcement will cause we would like to offer you a £500 Retailer Credit which can be used towards servicing, parts ,accessories or BMW rider wear and which will be available upon collection of your ordered S 1000 RR.
Once again, please accept my apologies for the massive inconvenience and frustration caused by the delay you are experiencing and thank you in advance for your continued patience and loyalty to the BMW Motorrad brand.

It's interesting that the riders in Europe who put a deposit down on the 2019 R1250RS did not get this offer when it was announced the RS would not arrive until fall.

Of all the things that could cause production delays, supplier issues and high demand would worry me the least—the latter being the kind of problem I actually enjoy seeing BMW experiencing.

Patience, grasshopper...
:)

Best,
DeVern

Definitely waiting....watching grass grow to pass the time.... ;)

You can't get a straight answer from the dealer because dealerships are usually the last to know anything the home company considers problematic. They usually don't have a clue. I prefer that they tell me that, which they usually do.

Unfortunately, all toooooooo true, sir. I've become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with answering perfectly reasonable questions "I honestly have no idea, and don't know exactly when I will".

Unfortunately, all toooooooo true, sir. I've become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with answering perfectly reasonable questions "I honestly have no idea, and don't know exactly when I will".

And I have now become far more comfortable than I ever thought possible, with giving that same answer for significantly extended periods of time... :banghead

Back