• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aligning the left handlebar switch box?

randyjaco

So, a couple of weeks ago I bought a, new to me, 2010 ST and immediately left on vacation. Today I started getting this bike dialed in for me. The first thing I did was install extended footpegs. ( That was way more work than expected, but they are on and I like them. ) Next in line is getting the handlebars adjusted. I got them raised a bit, but some risers are in my future. I noticed that the switch boxes weren't in alignment. The right one was an easy fix, but the left is another story. I took the two screws out and the bottom of the left box off, but it won't rotate. It will wiggle a bit but will not move. There must be a pin or screw that I missed. Can someone please tell me how to get that box to move?

BTW I have a Haynes manual that isn't very good. Can someone please recommend a better manual?

Thanks
Randy

There was a thread recently that (not sure on the bike) that had this concern. It seems there was a "ridge" of "boss" that was keeping things from the desired position.
Perhaps a look on a parts diagram will help you with the "exploded" view. MAX BMW along with some of the others provide this on their sites.
OM

Well, I found the problem the P/O stripped the screw threads and glued it in place:banghead
He used really good glue:mad
I just can't wait to fix that problem.

Randy

Back