• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from central Texas!

Zman828

Hi friends,

New member but old BMW rider. Thirty years ago, I sold my beloved, high-mileage and much-modded 1977 R100/7 to raise my family. With mission accomplished, in March my long-suffering wife bought me a low-mileage 2006 R1200RT with really nice upgrades installed by the original owner (stainless brake lines; Motolights; ZTechnik windshield; Mayer saddle; Tourmaster 15 amp accessory bus; 12v 'cigarette lighter' plug direct to battery; RAM universal mount, and a few more useful doo-dads). All recalls done so fuel pump flange is good but still needed Beemer Boneyard quick disconnect kit; ZTechnik front engine guards; Ilium Works rear roll bars and shifter extension; LEDs replaced in SHAD top case; Ultimate Sheepskin covers over Mayer saddle; and a lot of inch-by-inch Tupperware-off TLC. All seals good, fluids clean and serviced, new tires next on list but good for a few months. Oh, and I scored a perfect original RT tank bag for $50 from a co-worker in Waco who recently upgraded from his 2007 oil head to a new 2015 wethead. Good recent battery, so I'm rockin' beautiful green lights on the Optimate.

So, after a few months of obsessive stem-to-stern fiddling to get happy with "my version" of the RT, and also after a few months of practicing on a little Suzuki DR125 dirt bike around our 5.5 acres (my self-imposed MSF course!), yesterday July 3rd, 2019 I piloted my RT most of the day and MAN:

...the overall technology is SO much better than my '77 R100!

...what did we do BEFORE breathable mesh gear?

...and I can tell Siri to call my wife from my helmet? Are you kidding me?

Sheer bliss, man. So glad to be back on the road, and very grateful to be back in the BMW Motorrad community. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Y'all ride safe!

ZmansRT.jpg

Welcome Mexia from centraller TX:wave

A common story for a lot here letting bikes go for a spell. Sounds like you are good to go now, enjoy the ride.

Hi friends,

...the overall technology is SO much better than my '77 R100!

...what did we do BEFORE breathable mesh gear?

...and I can tell Siri to call my wife from my helmet? Are you kidding me?

Sheer bliss, man. So glad to be back on the road, and very grateful to be back in the BMW Motorrad community. Hope to meet some of you soon.

Y'all ride safe!

View attachment 74688

Welcome Zman, nice looking RT ya got there! Yes, the technology has come a long way.

Enjoy that fine ride!

JB

Back