Thread: Top of the Rockies Rally

Top of the Rockies Rally

I'm headed to Paonia for the Top of the Rockies rally. I am putting my bike on a trailer from Iowa to Colorado. I would love to park it in eastern Co. (near Colorado Springs) and ride the rest of the way to the rally. Is anybody out there that has a bit of safe parking to help me out.

Thanks,
    Trevin Ward
    mobile 563-663-3123 Shoot me a text if you would.

I usually stay at the Comfort Suites in Dillon and leave my truck and trailer there while I visit Paonia, Ouray, Gunnison, Toas for 7-10 days, never has been a problem for the last 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by millsaps2 View Post
    I usually stay at the Comfort Suites in Dillon and leave my truck and trailer there while I visit Paonia, Ouray, Gunnison, Toas for 7-10 days, never has been a problem for the last 4 years.
    Thanks. Good to know. Will you be there this year? What are your riding? I'm on an 08 GSA and looking to ride some gravel north of Paonia.

There are several guys listed in the anonymous book for Colorado Springs with storage space. Give them a call, I'm sure you will find them to be friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Moto316 View Post
    There are several guys listed in the anonymous book for Colorado Springs with storage space. Give them a call, I'm sure you will find them to be friendly.
    Thanks for the suggestion. That was next on my list. I was hoping that one of them might read this first. ;-)

Last summer I rented an outdoor parking place at a self-storage place in Colorado Springs for my car and bike trailer.

https://www.smartspaceselfstorage.ne...y-road/reviews

There are a number of other self-storage places in town, but this one had space and the price was reasonable. It's on the east side of the city on your way into town on US 24.

I think it has changed ownership since then, but it worked well for me. The parkings spaces were pull-through, so there was plenty of room for my car and trailer. Also, the parking area was completely surrounded by storage buildings, so it wasn't visible from the road.

One thing to watch for. They pro-rate the cost for the first month (if you start on the 15th you only pay half a month), but if you stay even one day into the next month you pay for an entire month. I think that is pretty standard in the business.

Ken
    2015 R1200GS

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kbowman View Post
    Last summer I rented an outdoor parking place at a self-storage place in Colorado Springs for my car and bike trailer.

https://www.smartspaceselfstorage.ne...y-road/reviews

There are a number of other self-storage places in town, but this one had space and the price was reasonable. It's on the east side of the city on your way into town on US 24.

I think it has changed ownership since then, but it worked well for me. The parkings spaces were pull-through, so there was plenty of room for my car and trailer. Also, the parking area was completely surrounded by storage buildings, so it wasn't visible from the road.

One thing to watch for. They pro-rate the cost for the first month (if you start on the 15th you only pay half a month), but if you stay even one day into the next month you pay for an entire month. I think that is pretty standard in the business.

Ken

Hey Ken,
    Thanks for this reply. I'll give them a call if I can't find someone from the anonymous listings. I may contact U-haul since I am renting their motorcycle trailer.

Trevin
    08 R1200 GSA