• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dash Cam?

bobs_one

After seeing the quality of car drivers deteriorate over the last 20 years I've become a big fan of dash cams and have them in all my cars. I've never had to rely on video from one (thankfully) in any kind of incident, but it recently occurred to me that a cam would be likely at least as useful on a motorcycle.

Does anyone out there use a dashcam on their bike? I do not want to go the helmet cam route - dealing with batteries, erasing memories, etc and remembering to turn it on and off would be an undesired hassle. I'd like to mount a cam on the bike somewhere (behind the windshield?) and have it power on at startup, power off at shutdown and loop the video in memory.

An ideal solution would be waterproof and small and inconspicuous. Any suggestions?

I have cameras on every vehicle I drive...... this was after a hit n' run accident a few years ago....

Mostly Innovv cameras

Dash cam's

I have cameras on every vehicle I drive...... this was after a hit n' run accident a few years ago....

Mostly Innovv cameras

So not having any experience in dash cams, what would be good to look for? What's really needed vs. what's fluff?
Jerry

Moto Dash Cam

I bought and installed a cheaper version of this, mine is without the alarm feature, and was under $90.
https://americanlegendrider.com/pro...-anti-theft-alarm?_pos=1&_sid=c5704078d&_ss=r

It records in a continuous loop, the video is not bad at all. I rarely pull the SD card and download video, but it is easy to do. You can review the video on the recorder if you are on a scene of an accident and need to retrieve the video for the cops. The cameras are small and inconspicuous and the recorder I keep in the tool tray under the seat, in a heavy duty zip lock bag. Installation was easy. If it poops out on me I'll likely replace it with a more expensive one.

Back