• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Silver touch up paint for my luggage rack 2012 RT

AjaxTheDog

Can anyone suggest a reasonably matching silver touch up paint for the luggage rack? I used some silver spray paint from home depot and the match wasn't very good, although if I had removed the rack and painted it all I might have gotten away with it. I need it for the rack, not the hand rails. Thx.

Thanks. I was hoping someone might have an alternative to the $27 touch up pen from those guys. And that's before the clearcoat.

While not exactly a match to the original, for this application I vote for Duplicolor Spray on Truck Bed Liner. Gray or black.

If you can match the color, Dupli-Color pens are an all in one deal.....abrasive tip, paint and clear all in one.
OM

Thanks Lee, I was not aware of this Worth stuff. I am pretty sure it is the same color paint, but in any case I could also use a few touchups on the wheels too. And for that matter this can also work on my BMW car wheels. I googled this paint and also got a Duplicolor product that people say matches BMW wheel colors and gets rave reviews on Amazon.

Thanks Lee, I was not aware of this Worth stuff. .
I have used it on wheels and engine cases with good results.
Most of the time I was blending in the paint, not completely painting the item.
I did not use a clear coat because I thought it might be too shiny with the clear topcoat.

Back