• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Tube tire help 2011 R12R

brianhinton

2018 Rally Chair
While at the rally, we had the tires and tubes changed at No-Mar on Wednesday. We used the bike sparingly around LEBANON for the rest of the week and then returned home to Alabama 315 miles from rally site. The bike ride wonderfully and the new tires were awesome. The bike has sat for one week. This morning we were going to take a ride and low and behold the front tire was flat. There is nothing punctured and the tire looks perfect. What could be the cause of the tire going flat. I would think it has to be with the tube?? Am I right in that assumption? This is the only bike we have ever had with tubes and the only time we have changed the tires since owning it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, the tube holds the air. If the tube was “pinched” during the tire change you would have known right away.
It’s soapy water time. I would check the valve core first- air up the tire and put soapy water on the fill core. If nothing, a slow tube leak will frequently show at the hole in the rim where the valve comes through.
Other than that, it’s spin the tire and inspect for the cause.
OM

Thank you OM, will check it out...I was thinking that it might be at the stem or valve core. The tire looks perfect....and when we pulled up Sunday after the rally...it felt good ...granted I didn’t check air pressure....but we did go from those nice temps in Tennessee back to the mid 90’s once home and it’s been pushing 97° almost every day since..don’t know if that has a part to play in the process, but I will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Interesting, my pinched tubes have shown up right away :thumb
OM

I have, over the years, had a couple of cases where a pinched tube stayed pinched enough to hold air for a few days and miles. Then tire squirm allowed the tube to shift a little and open the defect and allow all the air out ASAP.

The Classic model, black with white accent tank stripe, has spoked wheels.

Bro in law has one and keep trying to get him to have Woody's do the rim wrap conversion
to convert to tubeless. There is a thread on ADV about another vendors process with silicone tape and dots over the nipple heads.
Having a flat headed to Iowa last year on day one was aggravating to say the least on a modern bike.

The Nine-T has two variations or more with non GS style radial spoked rims that also run tubes. Not a fan:banghead

Last edited:
Thanks, Steve. I had assumed the spoked wheel variants came with the same sort of tubeless spoked wheels as the GS/GSA.

Back