• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

About to pull the trigger on an R100RS

CAbbey

work-aholic
I have the opportunity to buy a clean, well maintained R100RS at a reasonable price, however it's got a lotta miles on it. I've owned one before and although I don't need it, I think I'm going to do it. There's just something about the bike that just calls to me. Photos to follow.......

R100rs

I have the opportunity to buy a clean, well maintained R100RS at a reasonable price, however it's got a lotta miles on it. I've owned one before and although I don't need it, I think I'm going to do it. There's just something about the bike that just calls to me. Photos to follow.......

You, sir, have excellent taste! Might we learn what year your old one and new pending one were manufactured?
Russ '76 R90/6 '78 R80/7 '78 R100RS

I know of one available in McCall at this time. PM me and I'll share details. It's a '77, the original blue. Take care.

How many miles do you consider a lot?

I retired mine after 526,000 miles + and could have rebuilt it but for the cost.

No regrets.

I believe I saw that one listed on CL and located in Boise. I also thought that was a very good price for an airhead RS...luckily, no room in the garage. :)

Looks like CAbby pulled the trigger on that RS. Gone from marketplace, I was thinking about it too, but garage space.........

should have built a bigger one.:banghead

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I ended not going with the RS. There was another purchase (non BMW), then a sale of said machine and then the purchase of a different airhead. 56AE5D73-08D1-4443-8132-43D8DD19B7A6.jpg

54199D69-4F5A-4011-B9BC-97D42F74F16E.jpg

1994 R100GS

Attachments

• E1F18D9B-8936-4D03-B667-92921305A3A9.jpg
    E1F18D9B-8936-4D03-B667-92921305A3A9.jpg
    477.5 KB · Views: 100
Thanks Darryl. I’ve got a lower the foot pegs in the shift lever is way too close to the pegs, so I’ve got a few adjustments to make.

Back