• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

A grim day in NH

I stand corrected. In this case the driver wouldn't need a CDL. Like the other posts mentioned, under a certain weight and a regular driver's license is legal as long as they don't haul hazardous materials.

I stand corrected. In this case the driver wouldn't need a CDL. Like the other posts mentioned, under a certain weight and a regular driver's license is legal as long as they don't haul hazardous materials.

26,001 pounds used to be the cut off weight. I held a CDL for years...I dropped it 6 years ago at my renewal.

Unless something has changed?...I believe this is so.

I dropped my CDL years ago too. I neede it because I was hauling hazardous so the weight thing did not affect me.

More information via the Manchester Union-Leader newspaper regarding the proceedings in NH court today:

"LANCASTER - The driver charged with killing seven motorcyclists last Friday in the White Mountains allegedly crossed a double-yellow line and was driving erratically, according to paperwork filed this morning in Coos County Superior Court.

The seven complaints alleging negligent homicide offer little insight into the tragic accident, which killed members and supporters of the Jarheads motorcycle club riding to a fundraiser at an American Legion in Gorham.

Volodmyr Zhukovskyy, 23, of West Springfield, Mass., won't appear in a courtroom today. Through his attorney, Zhukovskyy waived his arraignment, which had been scheduled for this afternoon.

Superior Court Judge Peter Bornstein ordered Zhukovskyy into preventive detention, meaning he could not be released no matter what dollar amount he could raise for bail.

"Defendant's criminal and driving history exhibit a pattern of operating a motor vehicle in a dangerous manner. If released, he will likely present a danger to the safety of defendant or the public," read a bail order signed by Bornstein.

In a court form where he pleaded not guilty, Zhukovskyy lists his address as the Coos County House of Correction. The jail is located in West Stewartstown. He is being represented by public defender Melissa Lynn Davis.

If Bornstein changed his mind and releases Zhukovskyy in the future, he must surrender his passport and have no contact with 14 people, nearly all of them survivors of the accident or relatives of those who died.

The complaints brought by the office of Coos County Attorney John McCormick allege Zhukovskyy was driving a 2016 Dodge 2500 pickup hauling an attached trailer westbound on Route 2 "erratically and across the double-yellow center line."

The complaint designates the charge as a Class B felony. State law calls for a stiffer charge -- a Class A felony -- only if a person is intoxicated or under the influence of drugs while driving.

Suspected heroin residue was found during Zhukovskyy's arrest Monday, according to authorities, but he has yet to be charged with being under the influence during last Friday's crash. The investigation continues.

Class B felonies are punishable by up to 7 years in prison."

"ICE has filed a detainer on Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, who is charged with killing seven bikers Friday in New Hampshire.

That means the West Springfield truck driver faces being deported back to his native Ukraine if and when he is released. Zhukovskyy pleaded not guilty today to negligent homicide. A judge ordered him held.

An Immigration and Customs Enforcement official told the Herald the detainer has been filed with the sheriffs in New Hampshire.

Deportation proceedings usually come after a suspect has served time on any state charges.

Zhukovskyy’s father told the Herald Monday his son had just secured a U.S. green card.

“I’m sorry for the families,” the defendant’s father, also named Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, added.

The father said they are from the Ukraine and his son recently got permanent resident status in the United States.

Developing …"
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/06/25/ice-moves-against-ukrainian-charged-in-nh-biker-crash/

Too little , too late!
Howie Carr, a local talk radio show host had the President of the Jarheads on yesterday afternoon. Heartbreaking to listen to this guy describe the loss of his friends. He wants heads to roll and it looks like the first is the Head of the Ma. RMV. He said many NH State Pols and Police have reached out to him but not ONE Ma. politician has. Typical of this corrupt one party State. Howie Carr said he will stay on this topic, he is broadcast on Iheart radio and is on Newsmax TV from 3-6pm EST.

"The head of the Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles has resigned over a procedural error that allowed the West Springfield truck driver who allegedly killed seven motorcyclists in a New Hampshire crash to continue driving even after being arrested on a drunken driving charge in Connecticut.

Erin Deveney, who was hired as acting registrar in March 2015 and made the permanent chief nine months later, resigned on Tuesday, the same day Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, 23, pleaded not guilty to seven charges of negligent homicide.
Massachusetts Department of Transportation Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack said in a statement that the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles notified the RMV that Zhukovskyy had been arrested last month, and that his commercial driver’s license should have been immediately revoked.

But at the same time she said the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicle also made procedural errors when inputting information about Zhukowskyy’s arrest into the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators messaging system, where registries share information.

“The online communication sent by Connecticut on May 29 did not contain sufficient information to automatically input Zhukovskyy’s OUI (arrest) into his (Massachusetts) driving record and therefore did not automatically trigger the 7-day notification process for his non-commercial license suspension in accordance with Massachusetts law,” she said.

The RMV did receive a notification that called for a manual review, which had not been done by Friday’s crash, Pollack said."
https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/...-killed-7-motorcyclists-in-new-hampshire.html

And this:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/massachusetts-motor-vehicle-chief-resigns-143k-new-hampshire-biker-crash

Deveney's agency had failed to act on information received in May from the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles about a drunken driving arrest involving the 23-year-old suspect, Volodymyr Zhukovskyy, Massachusetts Department of Transportation Secretary and CEO Stephanie Pollack said in a statement.
Pollack said the previous arrest should have cost Zhukovskyy his commercial driving license. As a result, she accepted the resignation of Deveney, whose salary was reportedly $143,800 a year, according to the Herald.

In the Peoples Republic of Ma. they give out drivers licenses to anyone who can see and walk and talk. The roads are full of texting, tailgating, speeding morons and the cops don't care. Riding to work this morning on RT.2 in the left lane,(2 lane divided highway) all of a sudden right lane is slowing down and cars are trying to move into the left lane causing slowdown and tailgating. Finally get up to a red Prius in the right lane doing about 50 MPH and this ahole is texting on his phone. I lay on my horn and point at him and he goes right back to texting. I have filed numerous complaints with the RMV with plate numbers and descriptions of incidents and nothing. State Police sit on the side of the highway looking at their laptops or cell phones. This kid was a menace to society, he wrecked a car before he even had a license and he still held a drivers license. They make you jump thru hoops to obtain and keep a LTC but they allow any idiot to drive a car. The greatest threat to my life isn't a firearm it's a Ma.hole behind the wheel of a car.

In the Peoples Republic of Ma. they give out drivers licenses to anyone who can see and walk and talk. The roads are full of texting, tailgating, speeding morons and the cops don't care. Riding to work this morning on RT.2 in the left lane,(2 lane divided highway) all of a sudden right lane is slowing down and cars are trying to move into the left lane causing slowdown and tailgating. Finally get up to a red Prius in the right lane doing about 50 MPH and this ahole is texting on his phone. I lay on my horn and point at him and he goes right back to texting. I have filed numerous complaints with the RMV with plate numbers and descriptions of incidents and nothing. State Police sit on the side of the highway looking at their laptops or cell phones. This kid was a menace to society, he wrecked a car before he even had a license and he still held a drivers license. They make you jump thru hoops to obtain and keep a LTC but they allow any idiot to drive a car. The greatest threat to my life isn't a firearm it's a Ma.hole behind the wheel of a car.
You forgot........
The construction.
The construction signs when there is no construction.
The detours that are half signed.
It’s like bad NASCAR in reverse......with blindfolds.
:banghead
OM

I also read where he rolled an 18 wheeler last year. Just damn.
"The Massachusetts trucker charged with killing seven bikers last week in New Hampshire had flipped an 18-wheeler two weeks earlier in Texas, according to police.

The same Texas department also reported finding a crack pipe in Volodymyr Zhukovskyy’s pocket a few months earlier when he was “talking to himself and acting strange” at Denny’s.

But when Zhukovskyy returned home after the 18-wheeler crash, Westfield Transport — a trucking company one expert said has a “pretty bad” track record with drivers — still let him behind the wheel."
https://www.bostonherald.com/2019/0...bikers-flipped-18-wheeler-in-texas-weeks-ago/

Ma. does not have exclusive rights to poor driver attention while operating a M/V

Wow. This kind of stuff only happens in the "Peoples Republic of Ma"? I had no idea. Good to know I live in the super safe state of Ohio. That's a load off.

Back