• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2019 MOA Rally Photos

tangoalpha

For those of us who were unable to attend the 2019 Rally, I sure would enjoy seeing some photos from the rally. I’ve done a few searches and to my surprise I haven’t found any photo threads.

So if you got ‘em please post here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fido rode along with you to the rally? [emoji106] That’s unbelievably awesome! What a memorable experience...for both of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me.
They pulled up while I was working the registration tent on Thursday.
I thought it was funny the dog seemed to pose for me.
Didn't get a chance to talk to the rider as they only stopped for a minute.

Not me.

Still...super great photo. Thanks for sharing it. Hopefully more folks will come along and post photos of their Rally experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not me.

I talked to that guy at the concert. That dog was devoted to him. Said she rides tank to tank. He parks the bike and has to run and errand and shell stay on the bike (except to get some water from a bowl he puts underneath it).

Bier Garten View

Please note that no Bier Garten clients' service was harmed while these photos were being taken; at times, there was a lull in the action.

Cheers,
William

Attachments

• 20190615_124040-A.jpg
    20190615_124040-A.jpg
    379.6 KB · Views: 680
  • 20190615_124043-B.jpg
    20190615_124043-B.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 686
All the Comforts of Home

Shade, water, electricity, hamster bedding and a great group of people.

B5A84F0D-7409-46F7-B965-355EF798715E.jpg

And another Pomeranian picture

6551FF0F-EDE1-4582-93E6-F81175286671.jpg

Shade, water, electricity, hamster bedding and a great group of people.

View attachment 74542

And another Pomeranian picture

View attachment 74543

Wow! Great camping facilities! I really like the idea of not tent camping directly under the hot sun. I read that shower trailers were also on hand as well. Seems like the rally was well planned out and organized.

Love the Pomeranian pic. He looks very content.

Please note that no Bier Garten clients' service was harmed while these photos were being taken; at times, there was a lull in the action.

Cheers,
William

Pretty good turn out it seems. I believe I read there were 6000+ attendees.

For those of us who were unable to attend the 2019 Rally, I sure would enjoy seeing some photos from the rally. I’ve done a few searches and to my surprise I haven’t found any photo threads.

So if you got ‘em please post here.
We had a lot of fun wandering around the county fairgrounds, and we pitched in at various 'Volunteer' assignments. Since we're members of the AlaBeemers, we recognized Vance & Mari's friendship and their hard work at the National Rally, the Fontana Getaway, and at our annual Chicken Rally. Although we didn't win a grand tour, we sat in on various tour's seminars including: MotoDiscovery, Adriatic Moto Tours, and Phil Freeman's MotoQuest. They're all worth considering - get out there and ride the world...

Craig Vechorik, Mr Bench Mark Works, had many machines on display including a WW2 Hack,
WW2-Hack.jpeg

He also displayed many other precious machines including this R32:
VechR32.jpeg

Enjoyed someone else's German Postal Delivery Cycle too:
Postal-bike.jpeg

Spotted this R100 outside the Expo hall, BOW WOW! Ignore the GS in the background...
Skeleton-dog.jpeg

Enjoyed this Bloke's FreeForAll attitude!
FarFromNormal.jpeg

Here's the top of My Saddlebag - My Sentiment; I very much had a Scoot Bootin Boogie of a time. :wave
Saddlebag.jpeg

Thoroughly enjoyed our Hometown Hero, Microwave Dave & One Down and Four Up on the stage on Thurs; he's supported the Chicken Rally multiple times. He may not ride a Beemer, but Clay Swafford & Brian Hinton both do!
OneDown-band.jpeg

Lastly, here's HSV-Karen after setting up our Glamper on Weds night! :thumb
KatKamper.jpeg

If your schedule didn't work out this June, I think the weather was just Fantastic and that made this particular rally a Big Success! Perhaps Montana will suit you better, but 6,018 folks might be hard to top. Jus Sayin!
CIAO! HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

HSV: Celebrating 50 Years since Apollo 11 was developed & mankind actually Moonwalked!
https://www.rocketcenter.com/apollo50

Last edited:
DSCN1652.jpg
Tent camping Thursday afternoon. Many more would arrive the following day.

DSCN1641.jpg
Butler Maps getting some cuddle time with Glenlivet

DSC_0045.jpg
The volunteers were great!

DSCN1685.jpg
Riders in their 90s!

IMG_0597-L.jpg

IMG_0613-L.jpg

DSC_0076-L.jpg

DSC_0177-L.jpg

DSC_0289-L.jpg

Many more rally photos here.

Thanks for the smug mug pics link Terence; nice work. I sure chuckled at the image of so many tents just beyond the "No Camping" sign... a classic!

"travel'n" John

Back