• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Nav VI

Zenrider

dperault
I just purchased a Nav VI for my GA, damn rally, anyway trying to figure out how to place the weather on my map screen.

I just purchased a Nav VI for my GA, damn rally, anyway trying to figure out how to place the weather on my map screen.

You need to add the Garmin Smart Link app to your phone. I think there was a one time purchase for a few dollars on the phone to get the weather data. The weather app on the Nav VI can then get weather info using the bluetooth link to the phone

After you subscribe to the weather as explained above, you can create a shortcut button on your map screen to access the weather radar readily.

Live weather

I purchased live weather for my Garmin VI, and can't get it to work. I even called Garmin. They told me to delete my bluetooth connection and reconnect. Live weather still does not work. Might be me. It was only $4.99 so I am not worried about it.

Last edited:
I purchased live weather for my Garmin VI, and can't get it to work. I even called Garmin. They told me to delete my bluetooth connection and reconnect. Live weather still does not work. Might be me. It was only $4.99 so I am not worried about it.
I can tell you the app works, I get the "Strong Winds" warnings all the time. :mad

Do you see the Smartphone Link symbol at the upper right of your Nav ?
Do you see a bluetooth symbol at the upper left of your Nav?
Can you view any weather info like the forecast?

Check that the options, ie notifications, are switched at on. on both the app and the Nav.

Nav6 and Sena 20

For some reason my Nav6 will not give me directions to my Sena and it used to. It will tell me the next turn if I push the button on the dash but it won't talk me through the route like it used to. I have tried to re-pair it to the Sena as a 2nd mobile phone but no luck?
Bob

For some reason my Nav6 will not give me directions to my Sena and it used to. It will tell me the next turn if I push the button on the dash but it won't talk me through the route like it used to. I have tried to re-pair it to the Sena as a 2nd mobile phone but no luck?
Bob

If it works when you push the button, then it is not a Bluetooth pairing problem, it is a setting issue on the Garmin.

Bob

Is it possible that you have accidentally muted the directions? Sometimes my NAV V acts like that, until I hit the mute/unmute button. Then all is well again.

I think that was my problem as I took a ride tonight and was pushing all the buttons and it started working, I didn't know why until I read your message on the mute button. Thanks

I think that was my problem as I took a ride tonight and was pushing all the buttons and it started working, I didn't know why until I read your message on the mute button. Thanks

Glad you're hearing instructions again. I have no idea why the NAV units go "Mute" from time to time, but when I don't hear the directions, I just push the mute/unmute button and all is well again.

I think I was testing buttons and pushed the mute but didn't realize you had to push it again to cancel it.

Back