Thread: BMW Nav VI

dperault

BMW Nav VI

I just purchased a Nav VI for my GA, damn rally, anyway trying to figure out how to place the weather on my map screen.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Zenrider View Post
    I just purchased a Nav VI for my GA, damn rally, anyway trying to figure out how to place the weather on my map screen.
    You need to add the Garmin Smart Link app to your phone. I think there was a one time purchase for a few dollars on the phone to get the weather data. The weather app on the Nav VI can then get weather info using the bluetooth link to the phone

After you subscribe to the weather as explained above, you can create a shortcut button on your map screen to access the weather radar readily.
    Roger
    2018 R1200GSA
    1992 R100GS
    1975 R90/6

Live weather

I purchased live weather for my Garmin VI, and can't get it to work. I even called Garmin. They told me to delete my bluetooth connection and reconnect. Live weather still does not work. Might be me. It was only $4.99 so I am not worried about it.
    Last edited by apbehnen; 06-29-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by apbehnen View Post
    I purchased live weather for my Garmin VI, and can't get it to work. I even called Garmin. They told me to delete my bluetooth connection and reconnect. Live weather still does not work. Might be me. It was only $4.99 so I am not worried about it.
    I can tell you the app works, I get the "Strong Winds" warnings all the time.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Quote Originally Posted by apbehnen View Post
    Do you see the Smartphone Link symbol at the upper right of your Nav ?
    Do you see a bluetooth symbol at the upper left of your Nav?
    Can you view any weather info like the forecast?
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Check that the options, ie notifications, are switched at on. on both the app and the Nav.
    Pat

Ride Safe!
    '16 RT

Nav6 and Sena 20

For some reason my Nav6 will not give me directions to my Sena and it used to. It will tell me the next turn if I push the button on the dash but it won't talk me through the route like it used to. I have tried to re-pair it to the Sena as a 2nd mobile phone but no luck?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobw View Post
    For some reason my Nav6 will not give me directions to my Sena and it used to. It will tell me the next turn if I push the button on the dash but it won't talk me through the route like it used to. I have tried to re-pair it to the Sena as a 2nd mobile phone but no luck?
    Bob
    If it works when you push the button, then it is not a Bluetooth pairing problem, it is a setting issue on the Garmin.
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511

I don't see anything to set to change it?

Bob
    Is it possible that you have accidentally muted the directions? Sometimes my NAV V acts like that, until I hit the mute/unmute button. Then all is well again.
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

I think that was my problem as I took a ride tonight and was pushing all the buttons and it started working, I didn't know why until I read your message on the mute button. Thanks

I think that was my problem as I took a ride tonight and was pushing all the buttons and it started working, I didn't know why until I read your message on the mute button. Thanks
    Glad you're hearing instructions again. I have no idea why the NAV units go "Mute" from time to time, but when I don't hear the directions, I just push the mute/unmute button and all is well again.
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

I think I was testing buttons and pushed the mute but didn't realize you had to push it again to cancel it.