• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Boots and gloves - what to get and expected longevity

I followed a recommendation from this forum and bought Aerostich Triple-Digit rain covers for my gloves. They were brilliant through 500km of rain of sometimes biblical heaviness, they keep your hands warm, and they pack away almost to nothing. Plus they’re a lot cheaper than a pair of goretex gloves!

Exactly!!

Plus they dry faster than any gloves I've ever owned (Goretex included) and they have a nice squeegie for wiping your visor.

I followed a recommendation from this forum and bought Aerostich Triple-Digit rain covers for my gloves.
A long time ago I tried some nylon glove covers and did not like the slick feeling on the grips and levers.
When I look at the Aerostich site I can't tell if there's any type of friction material on the palm side of the gloves.

Is it just nylon on the palm side and do you have problems with the gloves being slick?

A long time ago I tried some nylon glove covers and did not like the slick feeling on the grips and levers.
When I look at the Aerostich site I can't tell if there's any type of friction material on the palm side of the gloves.

Is it just nylon on the palm side and do you have problems with the gloves being slick?

Wore mine for a few days of heavy rain in the Yukon last summer. I didn't find any slickness to the gloves on the grips. I've got the grip puppies on my bike, so I can't say how slick they may be on the original grips Lee.

Wore mine for a few days of heavy rain in the Yukon last summer. I didn't find any slickness to the gloves on the grips. I've got the grip puppies on my bike, so I can't say how slick they may be on the original grips Lee.

I found they felt a bit slippery at first- but I’d forgotten all about it in an hour or two.

Time is an ocean, but it ends at the shore.

Back