Thread: 1996 R1100RT Radio Handlbar Control Switch, Socket Connection for Special Equipment

1996 R1100RT Radio Handlbar Control Switch, Socket Connection for Special Equipment

Does anyone know of a schematic for the radio, handle bar control switch, ( volume up/down and seek/scan )? I have the Clymer and Haynes manuals but their radio schematic doesn't show this switch. In the Clymer manual radio schematic, for the 1150RT, it does show a "remote control switch), with wire colors, but doesn't say what switch function each color is for.

Where is the socket connection for special equipment located? Is this where additional accessories can be wired in? Thanks, Oldcarman jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

Most of those connections are by the lower left side of the gas tank (under the tupperware, of course); sorry I couldn't dig up the specific schematic for 'em; here's a partial from the 1150RT: Doc1.doc

1996 R1100RT Radio Handlbar Control Switch, Socket Connection for Special Equipment

Thanks, every little bit helps. I did find the manual for the radio, which has an abbreviated schematic . I also removed the radio Din cable cover so I can now see what color wires are used. I am going to get the ohm meter and test each wire so I can find what wire color goes to each switch and make my own schematic. I will post when I'm complete. oldcarman jim

Handle Bar Radio Control Switching Wiring 1996 R1100RT

I opened the cable for the Radio control switch and checked the wiring with an ohm meter. Attached pdf is the schematic. There are two switches in the one housing, a Volume up/dwn and a Seek up/dwn. Each switch is a SPDT, momentary switch. This past week I installed the CCS-100 cruise control on my bike, works great, and used this switch for the speed control up/dwn function. I will post more information of this installation in a separate post.
    Attached Files Attached Files